The last six seasons were of disappointment and frustration for Real Mallorca. They were chasing their dream of La Liga returning since the 2013-14 campaign. But the luck didn’t favor them at all. However, it smiled upon them on the last occasion. They have made their comeback to the Spanish top flight from the Segunda division via playoff system. The Vermilions started their La Liga campaign with a victory as well. Nevertheless, they are now all set to play in their 5th La Liga home match of the season. In a game day 08 fixture, they will host RCD Espanyol at the Estadio de Son Moix. In fact, they will come into this fixture following their trip to the Mendizorrotza Stadium.
On the other side, Espanyol are all set to take part in their 4th away clash of the campaign. The Catalonia based side finished 7th in the league table last season but didn’t get an expected start on this occasion. However, they will have this visit to the Palma based venue following their home clash against Real Valladolid at the RCD Stadium.
- Participating Teams: Real Mallorca vs RCD Espanyol
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 08
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Time: 11 am BST / 10 am GMT / 12 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadi de Son Moix
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Capacity: 23,142
- Surface: Grass
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag
- Goalkeepers: Andres, Adrian, Diego Lopez.
- Defenders: Pipa, Naldo, A Pedrosa, Lluiz Lopez, D Vila, Bernardo Espinosa, A Giner, David Lopez, Javi Lopez.
- Midfielders: Matias Vargas, Victor Sanchez, A Iturrapse, S Darder, Oscar Melendo, Alex Lopez, Marc Roca, Esteban Granero, Wu Lei, Nicolas Melamed.
- Forwards: Victor Campuzano, Borja Iglesias, Facundo Ferreyra, Javier Puado, Pablo Piatti.
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
- 0-1 Defeat vs Albacete
Espanyol Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date):
- 0-0 Draw vs Deportivo Alaves
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 2-0 Win vs Leganes
- 3-0 Win vs Atletico Madrid
Predicted Result: Real Mallorca 1 – 0 Espanyol
Match Preview: Firstly, the familiar home condition will keep the Barralets ahead. In addition to this, they should be confident considering their earlier performances of the season. Moreover, out of the last 5 meetings, they have won the battle thrice. Furthermore, they won the latest two home clashes against Espanyol at the Son Moix Stadium. So they will definitely eye all the 3 points for sure.
Conversely, Espanyol will play away from the home means they will try to cope with the condition first. But they should recall the memory of the latest ever meeting between the two sides, as the Catalan club came out victorious on that occasion. So they too will aim all the match points.
I’m guessing lack of goals in this clash. My prediction is a narrow 1 goal victory for the hosts.