Last season’s Segunda division classic will come back in the form of a La Liga encounter this season as Real Mallorca and CA Osasuna are all set to take on each other. The teams will take part in a match week 11 clash. However, both sides have been promoted to the Spanish top flight after having a sensational campaign in 2018-19. In addition to this, they met each other not only once but twice in the very last season. But this is going to be much bigger of a clash as this is certainly a much bigger stage than the Segunda division.
However, the Vermilions are going to play their 6th home game of the season. They will come into this fixture following their trip to the Municipal de Butarque. Conversely, Los Rojillos will play their 6th road game of the campaign. They will have this trip to the Estadi de Son Moix following their home clash against Valencia CF at the El Sadar Stadium. Nevertheless, they will once again head back to their abode to take on Deportivo Alaves in their next fixture.
- Participating Teams: Real Mallorca vs CA Osauna
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 11
- Date: 19th/30th/31st October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadi de Son Moix
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Capacity: 23,142
- Surface: Grass
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Herrera, Ruben, Juan Perez.
- Defenders: Oier, Carlos Clerc, Unai Garcia, Lillo, Juan Villar Vazquez, Aridane Hernandez, Endika Irigoyen.
- Midfielders: Nacho Vidal, David Garcia, Fran Merida, Roberto Torres, Ruben Garcia, Robert Ibanez, Inigo Perez, Miguel Olavide, Luis Perea, Jon Moncayola, Aimar Oroz.
- Forwards: Xisco, Enrique Barja, Brandon Thomas, Ivan Christopher Martinez, Javier Martinez.
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
Osasuna Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draw vs FC Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Eibar
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Oviedo
- 3-2 Win vs Cordoba
Predicted Result: Real Mallorca 1 – 2 Osasuna
Match Preview: The two sides know each other for quite a long time. They have faced each other on the number of occasions previously. However, Osasuna looks a bit stronger on pen and paper. But home condition and crowd support will keep the Barralets ahead for sure.
Out of the last 5 meetings, both sides have managed to win 2 games each. In the previous season, they came head to head twice. In the earlier one, Mallorca came out victorious by the 1-0 goal at the Son Moix Stadium. However, in the latest one, Osasuna took their revenge at the El Sadar with a 2-0 win.
I’m expecting both sides to score in this fixture. Nevertheless, my pick is an away victory for the Segunda division champions.