For the very first time in four and a half years, Real Mallorca and Real Betis will take on each other in a competitive football match. The match week 15 fixture will be hosted by the Estadio de Son Moix. In fact, the two teams faced each other last time back into the 10th May 2015 at this very same venue, in a Spanish Segunda Division match. However, their latest meeting in the Spanish top-flight took place even two more years earlier, back in 2013. Since then, the complexions of the teams have been changed, so are the managers as well as the players.
So almost half a decade later, Los Verdiblancos will trip towards Palma, the Balearic Islands to do whatever they did on the very last occasion. With the strikes from Ruben Castro as well as Jorge Molina, they managed to secure the victory along with the 3 match points. Although they started them away campaign with a defeat, it shouldn’t change their target for this game at all. On the contrary, Real Mallorca will try to seek revenge for the latest meeting. Thus this is definitely going to be an exciting encounter.
- Participating Teams: Real Mallorca vs Real Betis
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadi de Son Moix
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Capacity: 23,142
- Surface: Grass
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag.
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Ryad Boudebouz, Victor Camarasa, Darko Brasanac, Giovani Lo Celso, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Aissa Mandi, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian Tello.
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
Real Betis last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 2-1 Win vs Leganes
- 2-5 Defeat vs Barcelona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
Predicted Result: Real Mallorca 1 – 2 Real Betis
Match Preview: Mallorca started their home campaign with a victory against SD Eibar. But then they struggled in the next couple of home fixtures. However, they lead the recent head to head stats with 3 victories out 5 in opposed to Betis’ 2 wins. They also tasted victory the last time the two sides took on each other in a La Liga game. Thus they should feel pretty confident.
Conversely, the Green and Whites will play away from the home. But as I have mentioned earlier, they should recall their memory of the latest meeting where they ended up as the winners. Moreover, at this moment they are really a better and stronger side as well.
My prediction for this match is the carbon copy of their latest meeting’s scorecard. I back Betis to have a 2-1 victory away from the home.