Another home game for the newly promoted side means another occasion for the Estadi de Son Moix to host a La Liga game. So the celebration for the promotion in the Spanish top tier, continues for the Mallorca fans at their very familiar home ground. Los Bermollenos will take part in their 2nd consecutive home game of the season after promoting to the La Liga via play off. Conversely, Real Sociedad will play their 2nd away game on the trot. Following their match at the Mestalla against Valencia, they will travel to Palma to take on Mallorca. Their journey will continue indeed as they will travel to Bilbao to play Athletic after this clash. Txuri-urdinak finished 9th in the league ladder last season. So they will try to improve their position in this campaign. The clash will begin at 7 pm local time (5 pm BST).
- Participating Teams: Real Mallorca vs Real Sociedad
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 02
- Date: 25th August
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadi de Son Moix
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Capacity: 23,142
- Surface: Grass
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Abdon, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag, Pervis Estupinan.
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Geronimo Rulli, Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Gorosabel, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Portu, Alexander Isak, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Raul Navas, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea.
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches:
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
- 0-1 Defeat vs Albacete
- 2-0 Win vs Albaacete
- 0-0 Draw vs Extremadura
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
- 1-0 Win vs Alaves
- 2-1 Win vs Getafe
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villareal
Predicted Result : Real Mallorca 0 – 1 Real Sociedad
Match Preview : Undoubtedly Erreala looks stronger on pen and paper. They are playing in the top flight for a longer time. As a result their players have the more familiarity with the league atmosphere. But don’t forget that Son Moix will provide the full support to the hosts and it will certainly boost their morale.
Coming to the tactics, a 4-3-3 formation with slightly defensive mode, expected from Els Barralets head coach Vicente Moreno. In contrast to them, Imanol Alguacil may go with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Despite being overlooked by Lionel Scaloni to miss the Copa America, undoubtedly Geronimo Rulli is a top class goal keeper. He will take serious taste for the home side attackers. Lago, Cabrera and Budimir will have to be at their very best if they are to go past Rulli to net the ball.
Firstly, I’m expecting the visitors’ Argentine keeper to keep a clean sheet in this game. In addition to this, I also think there will be under 2.5 goals in this encounter unless something special shown by the forwards. Finally my prediction for this clash is a narrow 1-0 victory for the travelers.