After 6 seasons of patience as well as hard work Real Mallorca has finally managed to get back to the Spanish top flight. As a result Estadi de Son Moix has got it’s chance of witnessing the biggest football competition of Spain. However, the venue is all set to host it’s 8th game of the season when Real Mallorca will host Villarreal CF in a match week 13 fixture. The Vermilions actually ended in the 5th position in Segunda Division league table on the very last season. In fact they got promoted to the Spanish top tier football league via play off. Nevertheless, they are enjoying their days in this elite competition. In addition to this, they will come into this fixture following their trip to the Municipal Jose Zorilla Stadium.
On the contrary, Villarreal CF will be playing their 7th road match of the season. They will have this trip to the Son Moix Stadium following their home fixture against Athletic Bilbao. However, they will be pleased to recall that their first victory in this ongoing season came in an away game.
- Participating Teams: Real Mallorca vs Villarreal CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 13
- Date: 8th/9th/10th November 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadi de Son Moix
- Location: Palma, Spain
- Capacity: 23,142
- Surface: Grass
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca,
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-0 Win vs Leganes
- 2-2 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
Predicted Result: Real Mallorca 0 – 2 Villarreal
Match Preview: Both the teams will need the points badly. But the Yellow Submarines look quite stronger on pen and paper. However, the familiar home condition will keep the Barralets ahead mentally. In addition to this, they both will be searching for all the 3 match points.
The two sides haven’t met each other since 2012. However, each of them managed to win 2 games out of the last 5 meetings. Another match ended in draw. In addition to this, Real Mallorca destroyed the men in yellows on the latest head to head. They kept a clean sheet on that occasion and also put the ball in oppoenet’s net on 4 occasions. So it is gong to be an occasion of revenge for Villarreal.
My pick for this game is a 2-0 away voctory for the visiting side.