In the very last fixture of the match week 06, Real Sociedad will come face to face with Deportivo Alaves. The Thursday night encounter will begin at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). Anoeta Stadium will have the privilege to host this clash. However, it will only be the 2nd home game of the campaign for the White and Blues. After 3 consecutive away matches at the starting of the season, they played their very first home game against Atletico Madrid. Now they will come into this fixture following their trip to the RCDE Stadium. Nevertheless, another big game awaiting for the Royals as they will travel to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan to play their next game against Sevilla.
Conversely, it will be the 3rd away game of the campaign for Deportivo Alaves. It will also be their second straight road game as they will have this trip to the Anoeta following their visit to the San Mames. However, after this MW-06 clash they will head back to the Mendizorrotza Stadium to host Mallorca in their next match.
- Participating Teams: Real Sociedad vs Deportivo Alaves
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 06
- Date: 26th September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Thursday
- Venue: Anoeta Stadium
- Location: San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Capacity: 42,300
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea, A Isak, Portu.
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, M Wakaso.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
- 1-0 Win vs Alaves
- 2-1 Win vs Getafe
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
Predicted Result : Real Sociedad 2 – 1 Alaves
Match Preview : The White and Blues will play in their familiar home condition. Thus the crowd support will keep them ahead mentally. Moreover, they have got the better of Alaves in the last 2 consecutive meetings. So they will go for all the 3 points from the home fixture.
On the contrary, Alaves will try to recall the 2018 memories, as in the previous year they defeated the Royals twice. However, considering it as an away clash, they may apply a defensive tactics. But they will also seek for the all 3 points from this encounter.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I’m predicting a good tough battle between this two sides. I also back both the sides to score in this clash. Finally, my pick is a narrow victory for the home side.