Hello La Liga fans, Welcome to the Anoeta Stadium. You might be surprised to see, why I’m welcoming you to a stadium in such a strange way after the end of the 3 match weeks. It’s because La Liga is finally back to this Gipuzkoa based venue after a long long break of 4 months! Oh, yes, obviously, the Spanish top flight has made its a comeback in the mid-August. But Real Sociedad is going to play their first home match after almost a month since the opening day of this new campaign.
During this long period, they have traveled to 3 away stadiums to take part in 3 away fixtures. Now they are finally back to their base to host a match week 04 game against Atletico de Madrid. On the other hand, it will be Atletico’s 2nd away league game of the campaign. The Saturday afternoon clash will start at 6:30 pm local time (4:30 pm GMT).
- Participating Teams: Real Sociedad vs Atletico de Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 04
- Date: 14th September 2019
- Time: 5:30 pm BST/ 4:30 pm GMT/ 6:30 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Anoeta Stadium
- Location: San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Capacity: 42,300
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Geronimo Rulli, Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Gorosabel, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Portu, Alexander Isak, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Raul Navas, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea.
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak, Alejandro Dos Santos Ferreira.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Antonio Montoro, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, Rodrigo Riquelme.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Teye Thomas, Koke, Saul Niguez, Antonio Moya, Joaquin Munoz, Joao Felix Sequeira, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Giovanni Navrro Sole, Abdelkader Ouseslati, Ivan Saponjic.
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
- 1-0 Win vs Alaves
- 2-1 Win vs Getafe
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villareal
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-2 Win vs Valencia
Predicted Result: Real Sociedad 1 – 1 Atletico de Madrid
Match Preview: Anoeta Stadium is an absolute fortress for the White and Blues. Although they managed only 27 points from their 19 home games, last season, it’s a curse for many Spanish giants. Even the teams like Barca as well as Real Madrid struggled here in recent years. So the home condition, as well as the crowd support, will keep Sociedad ahead.
Nevertheless, in the latest meeting between the two sides, Atletico beat Sociedad 2-0 at this very same venue. Moreover, in the last 5 meetings, Los Rojiblancos lead their counterparts by 4-1 in their favor. So there is nothing much to worry about stats and records for Diego Simeone’s side.
Whatever I can smell a very competitive match on the card. No team will lose until they are really defeated. There is a higher possibility of fewer than 2.5 goals in this match. But I think both the side will manage to score in this clash. Above all, my prediction is a 1-1 draw at the end of the 90 minutes.