Real Sociedad is chasing their dream of returning to the European Arena. The last time they featured in the continental elite club competitions, was back in 2017-18. However, they failed to get their place into the top part of the table on the last 3 occasions. Thus, this season they are running behind it. Only time can answer, how well they can do and how far they can reach with such a mission in the sight. They started the campaign with a hat-trick of away match. However, they made their comeback to the abode on the game day 04 and immediately they caught a big fish. Or I should say a massive fish indeed! They started their home campaign with a victory over league runner up Atletico de Madrid. Now the White and Blues are all set to play their 7th home game of the ongoing La Liga season.
In a match week, 15 fixture SD Eibar will be hosted by the White and Blues. In addition to this, the mentioned encounter will take place at the Anoeta Stadium. It will also be the 8th away match of the campaign for the Gunsmiths who will have this trip after back to back home matches.
- Participating Teams: Real Sociedad vs SD Eibar
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Anoeta Stadium
- Location: San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Capacity: 42,300
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea, A Isak, Portu.
- Goalkeepers: Yoel, Jon Magunoitia, Asier Riesgo, Marko Dmitrovic.
- Defenders: Pedro Bigas, Jose Martinez, Alvaro Tejero, Jordi Calavera, Ivan Ramis, Jose Angel, Anaitz Arbilla.
- Midfielders: Olabe, Takashi Inur, Alberto Mari Sanchez, Gonzalo Escalante, Sergio Alvarez, Pape Diop, Paulo Oliviera, Pedro Leon.
- Forwards: Asier Benito Sasiain, Quique Gonzalez, Sergi Enrich, Fabian Orellana, Pablo de Blasis, Kike, Nano, Ekhi Bravo, Charles.
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-2 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
Eibar Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 2-3 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-0 Draw vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Mallorca
- 2-2 Draw vs Barcelona
Predicted Result: Real Sociedad 2 – 0 Eibar
Match Preview: Firstly, Anoeta Stadium has always been the fortress for Real Sociedad. The White and Blues often play well in this ground. In addition to this, their good start to the home campaign will also give them huge confidence. Moreover, they are a better side on pen and paper than the struggling Eibar side. Thus they will look for a dominating victory here. So I expect them to opt for an attacking tactic for this fixture.
Conversely, Eibar is completely struggling since the start of the campaign. Their performances have been very very poor. Thus they may travel to the Anoeta just for a point. So I guess they will play defensively in this game.
Nevertheless, my pick is a 2-0 victory for the home side.