Real Sociedad haven’t had impressive last two seasons as they failed to qualify for the European competitions. Last season they finished in the 9th position. However, they are looking for something better on this occasion. They started the season with 3 straight away games. Nevertheless, following their another trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan now they are all set for back to back home clashes at the Anoeta Stadium. They will face Getafe CF in a game day 08 clash, which will also be their 3rd home fixture. And right after the break for the international friendly, they will take on Real Betis in another home fixture.
On the contrary, Getafe CF are all set to take part in their 4th away clash of the season. They had an amazing last season and are looking for something similar. They will come into this fixture after taking on defending champions FC Barcelona at the home. However, in the very next game they will take on Leganes, which will be held in Coliseum Alfonso Perez.
- Participating Teams: Real Sociedad vs Getafe CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 08
- Date: 6th October 2019 \
- Time: 5:30 pm BST / 4:30 pm GMT / 6:30 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Anoeta Stadium
- Location: San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Capacity: 42,300
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea, A Isak, Portu.
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic, Ivi, Faycal Fajr.
- Forwards: M Ndockyt, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
- 1-0 Win vs Alaves
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
Predicted Result : Real Sociedad 3 – 1 Getafe
Match Preview : A game at the Anoeta means the White and Blues has to be at the top of their games. They have been quite impressive so far this season. Thus, if you are a Sociedad fan, you won’t be day dreaming to expect them to get an easy victory here. I believe they will try to dominate this game.
On the contrary, Getafe looked quite shaky earlier in this season. But very very surprisingly they are leading their counterparts with a 4-1 margin in the last 5 meetings. Getafe got success in home as well as in away matches. However, they had to taste the defeat in the latest meeting, held in 2019. So they may feel to take the revenge as well.
I am not indicating a one side game. But it feels inside my heart that, the Royals may prove themselves much more accurate in the terms of scoring. Thus my pick is a 3-1 home win for them.