Anoeta Stadium is all set to host it’s 5th league game of the season, as Real Sociedad will face Levante UD in a match week 11 fixture at the home. The White and Blues will come into this fixture following their trip to Abanca Balaidos of Vigo. This will be the latest game of the month October for both the sides. Thus they both will try to say good bye to the month with a satisfying performance. Nevertheless, after taking part in this fixture, Real Sociedad players will have to pack off their kit bags once again as they will have a trip to the Nuevo Los Carmenes to play Granada.
On the contrary, Levante UD will be playing their 6th road game of the season. They will come into this fixture following their home clash against RCD Espanyol. However, a much bigger test is waiting for them as the Frogs will have to take on defending champion FC Barcelona in their very next league fixture within a few days.
- Participating Teams: Real Sociedad vs Levante UD
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 11
- Date: 29th/30th/31st October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Anoeta Stadium
- Location: San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Capacity: 42,300
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea, A Isak, Portu.
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
Levante Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 2-1 Win vs Villarreal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Deportivo Alaves
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
Predicted Result: Real Sociedad 2 – 1 Levante
Match Preview: Real Sociedad is aiming for a place in the top 6 to bring back European nights at the Anoeta Stadium. Thus they will be keen to take all the match points from this fixture. Conversely, Levante too needs the points badly. That’s why they will try their lungs out to snatch as many points as possible. However, a point should please the Frogs as they will be playing away from their abode. So it’s not going to be an easy clash for any of these sides.
In the recent meetings, Real Sociedad had better record than their counterparts. They have won two games in opposed to Levante’s only one victory. Moreover, Levante failed to beat the White and Blues since 2017.
Coming to the prediction, I’m expecting a dominating performance from the hosts. However, I back both the sides to score. Above all, my pick is a 2-1 victory for the home side.