In an interesting match week 09 fixture, last season’s 9th spot occupying side will welcome previous season’s 10th place occupying side. Anoeta Stadium of San Sebastian will host this exciting encounter. The White and Blues started the campaign with a draw, win and then a defeat. So their beginning saw them displaying all kind of performances possible on a football pitch. However, they are all set to play their 4th home match of the campaign. In fact, they will continue their Anoeta journey as it will be their 2nd straight game at their abode. Because they will come into this fixture following their MW-08 fixture against Getafe at this very same venue.
On the other hand, Real Betis didn’t get a good start. Their campaign began with back to back defeats. But the Green and Whites have turned around since beating Leganes. Now they are all set to play their 4th road game of 2019-20. They will come to take part in this fixture following their home clash against SD Eibar.
- Participating Teams: Real Sociedad vs Real Betis
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 09
- Date: 18th/19th/20th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Anoeta Stadium
- Location: San Sebastian, Gipuzkoa, Spain
- Capacity: 42,300
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea, A Isak, Portu.
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Ryad Boudebouz, Victor Camarasa, Darko Brasanac, Giovani Lo Celso, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Aissa Mandi, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian Tello.
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches (Up to Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Valencia CF
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
Real Betis last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-1 Win vs Leganes
- 2-5 Defeat vs Barcelona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Huesca
Predicted Result: Real Sociedad 1 – 1 Real Betis
Match Preview: The two sides have similarity in the terms of squad strength. Thus they both will be looking to get all the match points from this fixture. However, the familiar home condition will give the Royals some extra advantage.
In the last 5 meetings, both the teams have managed to win one game each. Meanwhile, the other 3 games ended in a dull draw. But the White and Blues will be pleased to recall their latest memory against the Verdiblancos. Because on that occasion, they defeated their counterparts by a 2-1 margin at the Anoeta Stadium.
It’s really hard to keep aside ahead when the sides have so many similarities. In fact, the only thing which will boost the morale of the Sociedad players will be nothing but the home advantage. Thus my prediction for this fixture is drawn. I pick 1 square at the end of the 90 minutes.