For the very first time in this ongoing season, mid-week clashes say hello to the La Liga fans. The first blockbuster Tuesday night will begin with the clash between Real Valladolid and Granada CF. However, it will be a Match Week 06 clash. The evening time fixture will be kicked off at 7 pm local time (5 pm GMT). However, it will be the 2nd home game of the season for the Pucelles. After starting the season with 3 back to back away games, they finally played their chance to play at the Zorrilla for the first time against Osasuna. Now they are all set to play there for the 2nd time, following their trip to the Ceramica.
Conversely, it will be the 4th game away from the home for Granada CF. But they should take courage from their earlier trips this season. They even held strong Villarreal at the Ceramica Stadium. Now they will have a trip to the Zorrilla following their home clash against FC Barcelona.
- Participating Teams: Real Valladolid vs Granada CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 06
- Date: 24th September 2019
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local Time
- Day: Tuesday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal Jose Zorrilla
- Location: Province of Valladolid, Castile and Leon, Spain
- Capacity: 26,512
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Churripi, Jordi Masip.
- Defenders: Federico Barba, Kiko, Fernando Calero, Luismi, Javi Antonito, Javi Moyano, Nacho Martinez.
- Midfielders: Javi Sanchez, Akvaro Aguado, David Mayoral, Joaquin,Fede San Emeterio, Jorge de Frutos, Hervias, Anuar, Toni Villa, Ruben Alcaraz, Michel.
- Forwards: Chris Ramos, Waldo Rubio, Sandro Ramirez, Marcos de Sousa, Enes Unal, Oscar Plano, Stiven Plaza, Sergi Guardiola.
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell, Alberto Lejarraga Rubio.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, Adrian Castellano, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Alex Martinez, Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Alberto, Jose Gonzalez.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano.
Valladolid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-1 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-1 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
- 1-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal CF
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Albacete
Predicted Result: Valladolid 2 – 0 Granada
Match Preview: You could easily label it as the battle between the underdogs. But after the performances of both sides, earlier in the season, you can hardly say that. Both the sides look quite impressive and thus they will be looking for all the 3 points. However, there remains a difference between every entity. So there has to be someone, who looks a little bit stronger. In my opinion, I guess the White and Violates will stay ahead-considering their familiar conditions.
In addition to this, Sergio Gonzalez will opt an attacking tactic, is something I’m guessing. Conversely, Diego Martinez should go with comparatively defensive tactics considering it as an away fixture.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I can smell a slightly better performance from the home side. Moreover, I back their keeper to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my pick is a 2-0 victory for the hosts.