The match week 03 of the upcoming fresh new La Liga season will start with the clash between Sevilla and Celta Vigo. With this match, the former UEFA Europa League champions will return to their home after quite a long break. The Nervionenses played two straight away games to open their season. After visiting RCDE Stadium to play Espanyol in their season opener, they headed towards Carmenes to take on Granada. Now they will come back home to play their very first game of the campaign in Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. On the contrary, Celta will play their first away game of the season after two consecutive home games. The Celestos will visit Pizjuan after hosting two important clashes against Real Madrid as well as Valencia at the Municipal de Balidos. However, the Friday evening clash will start at 8 pm local time (6 pm GMT).
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Sevilla FC vs Celta de Vigo
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 03
- Date: 30th August 2019
- Time: 7 pm BST/ 6 pm GMT/ 8 pm Local Time
- Day: Friday
- Venue: Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 43,883
- Surface: Grass
Sevilla Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Sebastien Corchia, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero, Joris Gnagnon.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos, Moanes Dabour, Jules Kounde, Carlos Fernandez.
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Sevilla last 5 Matches:
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-3 Defeat vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Girona
- 5-0 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
Celta Vigo last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
- 1-3 Defeat vs Athletic Bilbao
- 2-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-0 Draw vs Leganes
- 1-1 Draw vs Espanyol
Match Prediction: Sevilla 3 – 1 Celta Vigo
Match Preview: First of all, Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan is a fortress for Sevilla. Even the Spanish giants like Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid struggle here whenever they visit this venue. Moreover, the crowd will be behind them. So it will be very tough for Celta to go back to home with something from this tour except experience.
Sevilla does have a balanced side. The likes of Jesus Navas, Luuk De Jong will make life difficult for the visiting defenders. Former Celta star Nolito will have a chance to meet his former teammates as he will feature for the White and Reds on this occasion. But once again Wissam Ben Yedder will be the key for the home side. Conversely, The Sky Blues will heavily rely on Iago Aspas.
My prediction for this encounter is a 3-1 victory for the hosts. But certainly, they will have to work hard to seal all the 3 points against a formidable Celta Vigo side.