A busy October awaiting for Sevilla FC. The 10th month of the year has been designed with a number of crucial football clashes for the Seville based club. The Reds and Whites are not going to get any rest, after taking on Dudelange in an important UEFA Europa League fixture. Because within a couple of days they will have to face Getafe in a match week 10 fixture. The two UEL sides will come face to face in a crucial La Liga match in late October. However, Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium will host the encounter.
On the other hand, the side from the Spanish capital will also have a busy schedule during this period. They will have this visit to the Seville following their home UEL fixture against FC Basel. So they won’t get rest as well after taking on the Swiss side. However, they will end this month with their home clash against Granada CF just following this fixture against Los Rojiblancos.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Sevilla FC vs Getafe CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 10
- Date: 27th October 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 43,883
- Surface: Grass
Sevilla Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Sebastien Corchia, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero, Joris Gnagnon.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos, Moanes Dabour, Jules Kounde, Carlos Fernandez.
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic, Ivi, Faycal Fajr.
- Forwards: M Ndockyt, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Sevilla last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Celta Vigo
- 1-0 Win vs Granada
- 2-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Alaves
- 1-1 Draw vs Athletic Bilbao
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
Predicted Result: Sevilla 3 – 1 Getafe
Match Preview: As I have mentioned it earlier, both sides will come to play this fixture following their respective UEL matches. But luckily none of them will have to travel outside of Spain prior to this game. That means they won’t have to travel a long way before taking part in this game. However, Sevilla will get more advantage as they will remain at their home after taking on Dudelange.
Out of the last 5 meetings, Getafe won twice meanwhile Sevilla managed to win on 1 occasion. In addition to this, the 5 times UEL winners had to taste defeat on the last 2 occasions as well. But more importantly, Getafe managed to win on the latest occasion when these two team met at the Ramon Sanchez. So the hosts should be seeking revenge in this game.
My pick for this game is a comprehensive 3-1 victory for the home side.