Sevilla FC is one of the most consistent top table sides in La Liga. They have also been very impressive in the European Arena. In fact, Los Rojiblancos have bagged the UEFA Europa League on 3 consecutive occasions between 2014 to 2016. But very much surprisingly they have failed to pocket the Spanish top division title since their maiden league victory in 1946. Thus they haven’t won this highly prestigious trophy in the last 73 years. In addition to this, in recent years the league has been dominated by the 3 giants, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid as well as Atletico Madrid. But Sevilla really has made a great start to the campaign. They just couldn’t expect a better start at all. So this might be the season they were looking for the last 7 and a half-decade.
Can they make history? Only time can answer. So with such an amazing aim at the sight, the Red cand whites will take on CD Leganes in a match week 15 fixture. However, they will come into this fixture following their UEL home match against Qarabag.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Sevilla FC vs CD Leganes
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 43,883
- Surface: Grass
Sevilla Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Sebastien Corchia, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero, Joris Gnagnon.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos, Moanes Dabour, Jules Kounde, Carlos Fernandez.
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Sevilla last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Alaves
- 1-1 Draw vs Celta Vigo
- 1-0 Win vs Granada
- 2-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-3 Defeat vs Villarreal
- 1-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
Predicted Result: Sevilla 3 – 0 Leganes
Match Preview: This is going to be one of the most imbalanced fights of the season. One team that hardly dropped any points since the start of the campaign. On the other hand, another team who had to struggle a lot even to earn a point from the fixture.
As the performances of the two opponents have been of two different types, it’s quite easy to predict the tactics of the two sides. Sevilla will definitely go for a victory. Moreover, they will play at home. Thus expect them to play attacking football. Conversely, the vulnerable side will play away from the home as well. So I expect them to fight for a point.
My prediction for this game is a dominating as well as a comprehensive victory for the hosts.