The upcoming October is going to be full of high voltage fixtures for the Sevilla fans. The most successful club in the UEFA Europa League history will be looking to grab their 6th UEL trophy. The former UEL champions are definitely going to have a busy October. Firstly, their month will begin with the clash against Apoel Nicosia. But just a few days later they will have to travel to the Catalan capital to take on league champions FC Barcelona. Their Barca encounter will be followed by the Levante clash just after the international break. Then the Nervionenses will welcome the Frogs in a match week 09 fixture at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. But the story doesn’t end here as the 5 time winners will have to face Dudelange in their next European fixture within the next few days.
On the other hand, Levante UD will have no such pressure. They will just have to continue their road journey. Because, the Frogs will travel to the Seville following their visit to the Municipal de Butarque Stadium. It will also be their 5th away fixture of the campaign as well.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Sevilla FC vs Levante UD
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 09
- Date: 18th/19th/20th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 43,883
- Surface: Grass
Sevilla Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Sebastien Corchia, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero, Joris Gnagnon.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos, Moanes Dabour, Jules Kounde, Carlos Fernandez.
- Goalkeepers: Oitor Olazabal, Aitor Fernandez.
- Defenders: Carlos Clerc, Ivan Lopez, Tono, Chema, Coke, Sergio Postigo, Erick Cabaco, Antonio Luna.
- Midfielders: Jorge Miramon, Chieck Doukoure, Enis Bardhi, Jose Luis Morales, Ruben Vezo, Jose Campana.
- Forwards: Gonzalo Melero, Sergio Leon, Armando Sadiku, Hernani, Moses Simon, Sanjin Prcic, Roger Marti, Ruben Rochina, Nikola Vukcevic, Ivi.
Sevilla last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Celta Vigo
- 1-0 Win vs Granada
- 2-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
Levante Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 2-1 Win vs Villarreal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Deportivo Alaves
- 2-2 Draw vs Atletico
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
Predicted Result : Sevilla 2 – 0 Levante
Match Preview : Loads of big matches will definitely put pressure on the Red and Whites. But, if I’m not lying, then it’s going to be the easiest match of the month for the Seville based club. In addition to this, back to back matches within a short period means Lopetegui needs to provide the star players some rests. Thus he may bench some of his star forwards in this clash.
Conversely, Levante will come to this fixture as the underdogs. However, they will try to secure a draw from this fixture. So, I guess, a point won’t disappoint them at all.
I’m still backing the hosts to show a dominating football display in this fixture. I also back them to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my prediction is a 2-0 victory for Sevilla.