Match week 05 will comes to an end with one hell of a clash. It will be Sevilla taking on Real Madrid. Clearly, such a mouth-watering fixture for the La Liga fans. However, the fixture has been scheduled to take place at 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). That means it will be a Sunday night clash which will be an absolute gift for the viewers. In addition to this, it will be Sevilla’s 2nd home match of the campaign. They will play their first match at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan against Celta Vigo. But they will come face to face with the Blancos, following their trip to Mendizorrotza.
Conversely, it will be Real Madrid’s 3rd match away from the home. They will have their trip to the Ramon Sanchez following their home clash against Levante. Nevertheless, they simply made a great start to the campaign as they defeated Vigo at the Balancos in their season opener. Moreover, they will be looking to end their La Liga drought in the last couple of years and will need every point in their bag.
Match Details :
- Participating Teams: Sevilla FC vs Real Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 05
- Date: 22nd September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan
- Location: Seville, Spain
- Capacity: 43,883
- Surface: Grass
Sevilla Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Tomas Vaclik, Sergio Rico.
- Defenders : Diego Carlos, Nemanja Gudelj, Sebastien Corchia, Simon Kjaer, Sergio Reguilon, Daniel Carrico, Maximilian Wober, Guilherme Arana, Sergio Escudero, Joris Gnagnon.
- Midfielders : Oliver Torres, Sergi Gomez, Roque Mesa, Ever Banega, Joan Jordan, Franco Vazquez, Jesus Navas, Fernando.
- Forwards: Wissam Ben Yedder, Luuk De Jong, Nolito, Munir El Haddadi, Lucas Ocampos, Moanes Dabour, Jules Kounde, Carlos Fernandez.
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale.
Sevilla last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 2-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
- 1-1 Draw vs Atletico Madrid
- 0-3 Defeat vs Leganes
- 0-1 Defeat vs Girona
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-3 Win vs Celta de Vigo
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 3-2 Win vs Villareal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Vallecano
Predicted Result: Sevilla 2 – 1 Real Madrid
Match Preview: Firstly the thing I must mention is nothing but the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan curse! Real Madrid always struggles in this venue. Definitely, Sevilla will try to take advantage of their home venue. So the Red and Whites will be looking for all the 3 points from this fixture. In addition to this, they will play with attacking tactics. Moreover, they will try to put the visitors under pressure. Ben Yedder will be the key for them.
On the contrary, Zidane’s side will also be looking for a victory. They will try to break the curse as well. Zizou will certainly go with his best options. However, the Blancos will also opt the attacking tactics. Nevertheless, Hazard has to be the key for the visitors.
Coming to the prediction, I expect it to be an absolute cracker. I also back both the teams to score. Finally, my pick is a 2-1 victory for the hosts with Ben Yedder proving himself the difference between the two sides.