Sheffield United and Southampton are English professional football clubs and they will be facing each other in the upcoming Premier League in Saturday at Bramall Lane. The match will start at local time 3.00 PM and fans from all over the globe can watch the match online live from various website. This is going to be a first head to head clash between Sheffield and Southampton in this season. Fans from both teams are eagerly waiting to enjoy the game while there will be an entertaining match to come at Sheffield’s home ground.
- Date: 14th September
- Time: 3:00 PM
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Bramall Lane
- Location: Bramall Ln, Sheffield S2 4SU, UK
- Capacity: 32,702
- Surface: Desso GrassMaster
Sheffield United Team Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Jake Eastwood, Simon Moore, Dean Henderson
- Defender: Martin Cranie, George Baldock, John Egan, Kieron Freeman, Richard Stearman, Jack O’Connell, Jake Wright, Enda Stevens
- Midfielder: Kean Bryan, Chris Basham, Paul Coutts, Mark Duffy, Ricky Holmes, John Fleck, John Lundestram, Oliver Norwood.
- Forward: Leon Clarke, Gary Madine, Leonardo Gaxha, David McGoldrick, Conor Washington, Billy Sharp.
Southampton Team Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Angus Gunn, Fraser Forster, Alex McCarthy, Harry Lewis
- Defender: Jannik Vestergaard, Jack Stephens, Maya Yoshida, Ryan Bertrand. Yan Valery, Jan Bednarek, Cedric Soares, Kayne Ramsay, Wasley Hoedt, Sam McQueen,
- Midfielder: Oriol Romeu, Mohamed Elyounoussi, Stuart Armstrong, James Ward-Prowse, Nathan Redmond, Mario Lemina, Pierre-Emile, Josh Sims, Tyreke Johanson, Callum Slattery, Jordy Clasie, Harrison Reed, Sofiane Boufal
- Forward: Charlie Austin, Shane Long, Sam Gallagher, Michael Obafeni, Guido Carrilo, Marcus Barnes, Danny Ings, Che Adams
Sheffield United Last 5 Match:
- Sheff Utd 2-2 Stoke (A)
- Sheff Utd 2-0 Ipswich (H)
- Sheff Utd 3-0 Hull City (A)
- Sheff Utd 2-0 N Forest (H)
- Sheff Utd 1-1 Millwal (H)
Southampton Last 5 Match:
- So’ton 1-1 Huddsf’ld (H)
- So’ton 0-3 West Ham (A)
- So’ton 3-3 B’mouth (H)
- So’ton 1-1 Watford (A)
- So’ton 1-3 Newcastle (A)
Sheffield United 2-0 Southampton
Sheffield United won the original Football League in 1898 and the FA Cup in 1899, 1902, 1915 and 1925. They were beaten finalists in the FA Cup in 1901 and 1936, and reached the semi-finals in 1961, 1993, 1998, 2003 and 2014. They reached the semi-finals of the League Cup in 2003 and 2015. In 2018-19 season in Championship they finished as 2nd out of 24. They have a good balanced that plays really well in their home ground and with the help of the wingers, their forward is also strong. As a result, they have won some good games against their rival recently. In addition, the game against Southampton will be held at Sheffield’s Ground, in this matter they are the most favorite for the game.
The club has won the FA Cup once, in 1976, and their highest-ever league finish was second in the First Division in 1983–84. Southampton were relegated from the Premier League on 15 May 2005, ending 27 successive seasons of top-division football for the club. They returned after a seven-year absence, and have played there ever since. Even though Sheffield is favorite for the game, Southampton will not hold against them, in fact they will try to win the match by giving their all as they didn’t finish last season very well, so want a good start for this season.
Sheffield United will be winning the game by 2-0 against Southampton in the upcoming match.