Sheffield United are back to the English top flight after finishing second in the last season’s EFL Championship. They will play their 3rd game of the new season against Leicester City. This Saturday afternoon clash will be their second home game on the trot. Bramall Lane situated at the Sheffield will host the match which has been scheduled to start at 2 pm. The Foxes will continue their away journey as this will be their second game away from the home after the Chelsea clash at the Stamford Bridge. Around 30 thousands fans are expected to watch this match live from the ground.
Match Details :
- Played Between : Sheffield Utd vs Leicester City
- Date : 24 August, 2019
- Time : 2 pm BST
- Day : Saturday
- Match Day : 03
- Venue : Bramall Lane Stadium
- Location : Bramall Lane, Sheffield
- Capacity : 32,609
- Surface : Desso GrassMaster
Sheffield United Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Dean Henderson, Simon Moore, Jake Eastwood.
- Defenders : George Baldock, Enda Stevens, Jack O’Connell, John Egan, Jake Wright, Keiron Freeman, Richard Stearman, Kean Bryan, Phil Jagielka.
- Midfielders : John Fleck, Chris Basham, John Lundstram, Kieran Dowell, Oliver Norwood, Mark Duffy, Marvin Johnson.
- Forwards : Billy Sharp, David McGoldrick, Luke Freeman.
Leicester City Squad :
- Goal Keepers : Kasper Schemeichel, Danny Ward, Eldin Jakupovic.
- Defenders : Benjamin Chilwell, Wes Morgan, Jonny Evans, Ricardo Pereira, Callum Elder, Harry Maguire, Christian Fuchs.
- Midfielders : James Maddison, Marc Albrighton, Yuri Tielemans, Daniel Amartey, Harvey Barnes, Demarai Gray, Namplays Mendy, Onyinye Wilfred Ndidi, Rachid Ghezzal, Matthew James, Hamza Choudhury, James Justin, Cagler Coyuncu.
- Forwards : Kelechi Iheanacho, Jamie Vardy, Ayoze Perez.
Sheffield Utd last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Stoke City (A)
- 2-0 Win vs Ipswich Town (H)
- 3-0 Win vs Hull City (A)
- 2-0 Win vs Nottingham Forest (H)
- 1-1 Draw vs Millwall (H)
Leicester City Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Chelsea (H)
- 0-1 Defeat vs Man City (A)
- 3-0 Win vs Arsenal (H)
- 2-2 Draw vs West Ham (A)
- 0-1 Defeat vs New Castle (H)
Predicted Result : Sheffield United 0 – 1 Leicester City
Match Preview : Chris Wilder’s side had a wonderful last season as they played well throughout the 2018-19 season in the EFL Championship and finished second in the table with 89 points just behind Norwich City. The Blades’ coach will probably go with his as usual 3-4-1-2 formation in this match. Henderson to stand between the sticks with 3 central halves at the heart of the defence ahead of him. Duffy is expected to play as the number ten with McGoldrick and Sharp as the two strikers at the front.
The former EPL champions might go with the 4-1-4-1 formation. When it comes to the goal keeping there are very few keepers as good as Kasper Schmeichel. The Danish number one doesn’t need any DNA test for proving himself as Man Utd legend Peter Schmeichel’s son. Maguire, Evans should be the two centre backs for the foxes with Benjamin Chilwell at their left hand side. Ndidi will play as the holding midfielder. In their latest match of the 2018-19 season Albrighton, Tielemans, Choudhury and Maddison started and at least 3 of them should retain their places. In the number nine position, it will be none but Jamie Vardy.
The Blades are expected to give a good fight with the home crowd behind them. The Foxes will dominate the game for sure. I don’t expect more than 1 goal with Kasper keeping a clean sheet. Leicester might just have the last laugh with only one goal.