Southampton and Bournemouth are coming head to head fight in the upcoming Premier League match on this Friday 20th at 8:00 PM local time and the match will be held at Southampton’s home ground St. Mary’s Stadiums. Both teams belong to English professional football club and both of them are very well known amongst their fans and surely this will be a match where everyone will be eagerly waiting to know the result. Southampton is a very strong team in their home ground, in this manner they will be the favorite team for the next game and surely Bournemouth will not hold themselves against the rival.
- Date: 20th September
- Time: 8:00pm
- Day: Friday
- Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium
- Location: Britannia Rd, Southampton SO14 5FP, UK
- Capacity: 32,505
- Surface: Desso Grass master
Southampton Team Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Angus Gunn, Fraser Forster, Alex McCarthy, Harry Lewis
- Defender: Jannik Vestergaard, Jack Stephens, Maya Yoshida, Ryan Bertrand. Yan Valery, Jan Bednarek, Cedric Soares, Kayne Ramsay, Wasley Hoedt, Sam McQueen,
- Midfielder: Oriol Romeu, Mohamed Elyounoussi, Stuart Armstrong, James Ward-Prowse, Nathan Redmond, Mario Lemina, Pierre-Emile, Josh Sims, Tyreke Johanson, Callum Slattery, Jordy Clasie, Harrison Reed, Sofiane Boufal
- Forward: Charlie Austin, Shane Long, Sam Gallagher, Michael Obafeni, Guido Carrilo, Marcus Barnes, Danny Ings, Che Adams
Bournemouth Team Squad:
- Goalkeeper: Asmir Begovic, Arthur Boruc, Mark Travers, Aaron Ramsdale.
- Defender: Nathan Ake, Steve Cook, Chris Mepham, Jack Simpson, Diego Rico, Lloyd Kelly, Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis, Adam Smith, Jack Stacey.
- Midfielder: Lewis Cook, Jefferson Lerma, Dan Gosling, Harry Arter, Andrew Surman, David Brooks,
- Forward: Junior Stanislas, Ryan Fraser, Jorden Ibe, Joshua King, Dominic Solanke, Callum Wilson, Lys Mousset.
Southampton Last 5 Match:
- Southampton 1-1 Huddsf’ld (H)
- Southampton 0-3 West Ham (A)
- Southampton 3-3 Bournemouth (H)
- Southampton 1-1 Watford (A)
- Southampton 1-3 Newcastle (A)
Bournemouth Last 5 Match:
- 12-05-19 – Bournemouth 3-5 C Palace (A)
- 04-05-2019 – Bournemouth 1-0 Tottenham (H)
- 27-04-2019 – Bournemouth 3-3- Southampton (A)
- 20—4-2019 – Bournemouth 0-1 Fulham (H)
- 13-04-2019 – Bournemouth 5-0 Brighton (A)
Match Prediction: Southampton 2-1 Bournemouth
Match Preview: Southampton has won the FA Cup once, in 1976, and their highest-ever league finish was second in the First Division in 1983–84. Southampton was relegated from the Premier League on 15 May 2005, ending 27 successive seasons of top-division football for the club. They returned after a seven-year absence, and have played there ever since. In the next match, they will play with the 4-4-2 formation. Shane Long and Danny Ings are their trusted center-forward and they are backed by Romeu, Nathan, James, and Oriol. They have also pretty good defense which makes them a solid team.
Bournemouth has won the second and third tiers of English football and were twice runners-up of the fourth tier. They have also won the Football League Trophy, and the Football League Third Division South Cup. David Brooks is a star player for their team and they would definitely want to win the match against Southampton. In recent games, they are also playing with the 4-4-2 formation. David brooks play in the right-wing where Ryan Fraser plays in the left-wing, and they are backing their center-forward Joshua King and Callum Wilson from both sides with the help of center-mid Dan Gosling and Jefferson Lerma.
In my prediction, Southampton will probably win the game against Bournemouth by 2-1, because Southampton is favorite in their home ground for the upcoming match.