Saturday afternoon brings joy for the football lovers. It offers the fans a lot of mouth-watering football fixtures all over Europe. EPL is considered as the most popular league on the planet and it definitely delivers the most spectacular thrillers for sure. In another Saturday afternoon encounter, Southampton FC will take on Everton FC. It will take place on the 9th of November at St Mary’s Stadium. The clash will begin at 3 pm GMT (4 pm BST).
The Saints are going through a tough period of time as they have faced hat-trick of defeat in their last 3 outings in all the competitions. They will take on the Merseyside Blues following their defeat against the league title holders Man City. Despite having an early lead, they suffered a 2-1 defeat against the Citizens. On the other hand, Everton secured a point very late in the game against Tottenham. In a GD-11 fixture at the Goodison Park, Marco Silva’s lads drew a 10 men Tottenham side. In fact, they were lucky to have that point as they equalized on the 97th minute of the game to level the game against the visiting Spurs side.
- Participating Teams: Southampton FC vs Everton FC
- Date: 9th November
- Time: 3 pm GMT / 4 pm BST
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: St. Mary’s Stadium
- Location: Britannia Rd, Southampton SO14 5FP, UK
- Capacity: 32,505
- Surface: Desso Grass master
Southampton Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Alex McCarthy, Angus Gunn, Harry Lewis
- Defenders: Cedric Soares, Maya Yoshida, Jannik Vestergaard, Jack Stephens, Ryan Bertrand, Jake Vokins, Kayne Ramsay, Jan Bednarek, Kevin Danso, Yan Valery, Sam McQueen
- Midfielders: Moussa Djenepo, Oriol Romeu, James Ward-Prowse, Stuart Armstrong, Sofiane Boufal, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg, Will Smallbone, Callum Slattery
- Forwards: Shane Long, Danny Ings, Che Adams, Michael Obafemi, Nathan Redmond, Dan N’Lundulu
Everton Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford, Maarten Stekelenburg, Jonas Lossl
- Defenders: Mason Holgate, Leighton Baines, Michael Keane, Lucas Digne, Yerry Mina, Djibril Sidibe, Seamus Coleman, Cuco Martina
- Midfielders: Fabian Delph, Gylfi Sigurdsson, Morgan Schneiderlin, Andre Gomes, Jean-Philippe Gbamin, Tom Davies
- Forwards: Richarlison, Theo Walcott, Cenk Tosun, Alex Iwobi, Bernard, Moise Kean, Oumar Niasse
Southampton Last 5 Matches:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Man City – Premier League
- 1-3 Defeat vs Man City – Carabao Cup
- 0-9 Defeat vs Leicester City – Premier League
- 1-1 Draw vs Wolverhampton – Premier League
- 1-4 Defeat vs Chelsea – Premier League
Last 5 Match of Everton:
- 1-1 Draw vs Tottenham – Premier League
- 2-0 Win vs Watford – Premier League
- 2-3 Defeat vs Brighton – Premier League
- 2-0 Win vs West Ham United – Premier League
- 0-1 Defeat vs Burnley – Premier League
Predicted Result: Southampton 0 – 2 Everton
Match Preview: Southampton has made its worst start to the league since their comeback into the top flight more than half a decade ago. They are currently standing in the relegation zone. The Saints have suffered 3 successive defeats as well. Thus they are definitely feeling a lack of confidence at the moment.
On the contrary, Everton is comparatively in better form. Thus despite being the away side, they should feature as the favorites in this fixture. I am keeping them ahead to win this game as well.
My pick is a 2-0 away victory for Marco Silva’s lads.