Tottenham Hotspur, one of the English Premier League’s super power will host the Magpies of the Newcastle in a Sunday afternoon game of the match day 3. The game will be telecast live from 4:30 pm BST, following Man City’s away game against Bournemouth at the Vitality Stadium. The game will take place at the Spurs’ brand new stadium which has been officially opened in the last April. It will be the hosts’ second home game of the new season. Around 60 thousands fans are expected to watch the match live from the ground. With no Monday night game to take place, this will be the last game of the match day 03.
Match Details :
- Played Between : Tottenham Hotspur vs Newcastle Utd
- Date : 25 August, 2019
- Time : 4:30 pm BST
- Day : Sunday
- Venue : Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Location : Tottenham, North London
- Capacity : 62,062
- Surface : Desso GrassMaster
Tottenham Hotspur Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Hugo Lloris, Paulo Gazzaniga.
- Defenders: Danny Rose, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Davinson Sanchez, Kieran Trippier, Juan Foyth, Serge Aurier, Ben Davies, Kyle Walker, George Marsh, Timothy Eyoma.
- Midfielder: Erik Lamela, Eric Dier, Moussa Sissoko, Victor Wanyama, Dele Alli, Harry Winks, Lucas Moura, Oliver Skipp, Tanguy Ndombele Alvaro, Luke Amos, Christian Eriksen.
- Forwards: Harry Kane, Heung-Min Son, Fernando Llorente, Jack Clarke, Vincent Janssen, Kion Etete.
Newcastle Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Martin Dubravka, Rob Elliot, Karl Darlow, Freddie Woodman.
- Defenders: Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Fabian Schar, Jamaal Lascelles, Isaac Hayden, Federico Fernandez, DeAndre Yedlin, Antonio Barreca, Achraf Lazaar, Javi Manquillo, Florian Lejeune, Lewis Cass, Kelland Watts.
- Midfielders: Sung-Yueng Ki, Matt Ritchie, Jonjo Shelvey, Mohamed Diamy, Robert Kenedy, Miguel Almiron, Christian Atsu, Sean Longstaff, Rolando Aarons, Jacob Murphy.
- Forwards: Salomon Rondon, Yoshinori Muto, Joselu, Daniel Barlaser.
Tottenham Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Liverpool (N)
- 2-2 Draw vs Everton (H)
- 3-2 Win vs Ajax (A)
- 0-1 Defeat vs Bournemouth (A)
- 0-1 Defeat vs Ajax (H)
Newcastle Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 4-0 Win vs Fulham (A)
- 2-3 Defeat vs Liverpool (H)
- 1-1 Draw vs Brighton (A)
- 3-1 Win vs Southampton (H)
- 1-0 Win vs Leicester (A)
Predicted Results : Tottenham 3 – 0 Newcastle
Match Preview : Despite finishing 4th in the EPL points table, last season was probably the best campaign for the Spurs. The club from the North London qualified for the UCL final where they were beaten by Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool. Just a few years back, the Lilywhites were the regular contestants for the UEFA Europa League, but Argentine manager Mauricio Pochettino has taken the club to a whole new level. They have finished ahead of Arsenal in the last couple of years.
The Spurs are a balanced side. They have got reliable goal keeper in between the sticks. Hugo Lloris led France to World Cup victory and almost won the UCL in the very next season. Their defensive options are also world class. Belgian duo Toby Alderweireld and Jan Vertonghen proved to be one of the best defenders in the planet. English duo Danny Rose and Kieran Trippier serving very well in the full back positions. The fantastic four in the attack, will make life difficult for any team.
The manager post of the Newcastle is yet to be filled when this post has been written. So we hardly can talk about the Magpies’ formation and playing xi. But I don’t expect an easy time ahead for the visiting defenders and keeper against the likes of Kane, Alli, Son and Eriksen. I predict a clean sheet for the home side and 3 goals in the bag with a Harry Kane brace.