Just an hour after the starting of the Leganes Bilbao as well as the Mallorca Atletico clash, the 3rd match of the day will take place. It will be the clash between Copa Del Rey champions Valencia CF and Getafe CF. However, it will also be the 6th fixture of the match week 06. The match has been scheduled to start at 8 pm local time (6 pm BST). In addition to this, it will be 4th home game of the campaign for Los Ches. Moreover, they will continue their home journey following their previous clash against Leganes at the Mestalla Stadium. After taking part in this fixture they will pack off their kit bag for the Bilbao trip.
Conversely, it will be the 3rd away game of the 2019-20 season for Getafe. They were to play their initial 2 road matches against Atletico Madrid and Real Betis respectively. However, they will come into this fixture following their home clash against Mallorca at the Coliseum Alfonso Perez. After touring the Mestalla, the Madrid based side will welcome FC Barcelona at their abode.
- Participating Teams: Valencia CF vs Getafe CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 06
- Date: 25th September 2019
- Time: 7 pm BST/ 6 pm GMT/ 8 pm Local
- Day: Wednesday
- Venue: Estadio de Mestalla
- Location: Avenida Suecia, Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 50,500
- Surface: Grass / Sand
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Getafe Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Filip Manojlovic, Loenadro Chichizola, David Soria, Ruben Yanez.
- Defenders: Marc Cucurella, Allan Nyom, Raul Garcia, Dakoran Djene, Vitorio Antunes, Leonardo Cabrera, Bruno, Mathias Olivera, Miquel, Damian Suarez.
- Midfielders: Lazo, Fransisco Portillo, Markel Bergara, Mauro Arambarri, Jorge Molina, Nemanja Maksimovic.
- Forwards: Merveille Ndockyt, Amath Diedhiou, Enric Gallego, Jack Harper, Jaime Mata, Angel, Ivan Alejo.
Valencia Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Alaves
- 2-4 Defeat vs Arsenal
Getafe Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Atletico
- 2-2 Draw vs Villarreal
- 0-2 Defeat vs Barca
- 2-0 Win vs Girona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Sociedad
Predicted Result: Valencia 2 – 0 Getafe
Match Preview: Firstly, Valencia will get the home advantage. In addition to this, Mestalla Stadium is an absolute fortress for the Oranges. They will certainly look for all the 3 points. Thus, I expect Marcelino to go with attacking tactics. Moreover, they will try to dominate from the very beginning to put the opposition under tremendous pressure.
On the contrary, Getafe is definitely a good side. They will certainly try heir best to take something on their way home from Valencia. However, it is not going to be easy for them. In addition to this, they will play as the underdogs. But Jose Bordalas is a believer, which means his side will fight until the last whistle. Nevertheless, they played beautifully in the previous season and would try to recall the memories.
My pick for this game is a victory for Valencia with the help of the two 2nd half strikes. I am also backing their keeper to keep a clean sheet in this clash.