Valencia CF finished the last season standing in the 4th spot. They also lifted the Copa Del Rey trophy as well. This season they are looking for something similar. But their start hasn’t been up to the mark so far. However, they are trying their hearts out to get back into the track. Apart from competing in the La Liga matches, Los Ches are also battling in the biggest European club football competition. So this busy schedule making them work very very hard. Nevertheless, just a few days later to their UCL home match against French Ligue 1 side Lille, the Oranges will take on Granada CF in their next league fixture. In a match week 13 fixture, they will host the Nazaries at the Mestalla Stadium.
On the other hand, Granada CF is enjoying the days at the Spanish top flight. After getting the promotion they have surprised the fans with their superb performances in the earlier part of the season. They scored 4 against Villarreal CF away from the home and managed to share the points with them. They also handed defeats to Celta Vigo as well as RCD Espanyol. Now they are all set to take on another European favorite Valencia CF.
- Participating Teams: Valencia CF vs Granada CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 13
- Date: 8th/9th/10th November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio de Mestalla
- Location: Avenida Suecia, Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 50,500
- Surface: Grass / Sand
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Granada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, D Duarte, Alex Martinez, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Y Herrera, Antonio Puertas.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano, Soldado.
Valencia Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-5 Defeat vs FC Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Real Mallorca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Celta Vigo
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
Granada Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-0 Win vs Celta Vigo
- 3-0 Win vs Espanyol
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sevilla
- 4-4 Draw vs Villarreal
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
Predicted Result: Valencia 2 – 0 Granada
Match Preview: Granada has been in tremendous touch since the start of the season. But Valencia will definitely start as the favorites. They are certainly the stronger side. In addition to this, they will play in the familiar home condition. Thus they will be aiming for all the 3 points. So they are expected to display an attacking football.
Conversely, considering it as an away game, Granada should opt to play with defensive tactics. They may go for a draw, thus a point won’t disappoint them at all.
I’m expecting a dominating performance from the Oranges. I also back them to not to concede any goal in this match. Finally, my pick is a 2-0 victory for them.