In a match week 05 fixture, Valencia CF will take on CD Leganes. The game has been scheduled to take place on 22nd September. In addition to this, it will be a Sunday afternoon clash as well. Moreover, it will be the 3rd home clash for Los Ches. They didn’t get the start as they would have liked to get as they had to share point in their season opener at the Mestalla against Real Sociedad. But now they will be back to the Mestalla once again to play their fifth game following their trip to Camp Nou. Nevertheless, in between these two home fixture they welcomed Mallorca in their 2ng game of the season at their abode.
Conversely, it will be the 2nd away match of the campaign for Leganes. After consecutive home matches at the start of the season, they traveled to Villamarin to play their first away game. But now are all set to have a trip to Mestalla following their visit to the Ceramica where they took on Villarreal.
- Participating Teams: Valencia CF vs CD Leganes
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 05
- Date: 22nd September 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST/ 2 pm GMT/ 4 pm Local
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadio de Mestalla
- Location: Avenida Suecia, Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 50,500
- Surface: Grass / Sand
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
- Goalkeepers: Ivan Cuellar, Juan Soriano, Andre Andre Grande.
- Defenders: Alex Martin, Jose Mejias, Unai Bustinza, Jonathan Silva, Vasyl Kravets, Dimitros Siovas.
- Midfielders: Federico Varela, Gerard Gumbau, Recio, Alexander Szymanowski, Jose Arnaiz, Javier Eraso, Ruben Perez, Oscar Rodriguez, Facundo Garcia.
- Forwards: Sabin Merino, Juan Munoz, Owusu Kwabena, Aitor Ruibal, Youssef En-Nesyri, Rodrigo Tarin.
Valencia Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Alaves
- 2-4 Defeat vs Arsenal
Leganes Last 5 matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Osasuna
- 1-2 Defeat vs Huesca
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-0 Win vs Sevilla
- 0-0 Draw vs Celta de Vigo
Predicted Result: Valencia 2 – 0 Leganes
Match Preview: Firstly, a La Liga match at the Mestalla means Valencia has to be the favorite unless the opposition is FC Barcelona. Even the Madrid giants struggle here most often. And I must mention, they even handed Barca the runners-up status when the Catalans last faced them in the Copa Del Rey final. Yes, the match took place at the Villamarin but you just have to take them as a formidable side. However, Marcelino will be targeting all the 3 points. So he will go with attacking tactics for sure.
On the contrary, Leganes should be looking for a draw in this fixture. So I expect Pellegrino to opt the defensive tactics in this fixture. But I’m smelling that their keeper will have a busy day at the office.
Coming to the prediction, I expect Valencia to show a dominating display. I also back Cillessen to keep a clean sheet. Finally, my prediction is a 2-0 victory for Valencia.