After the departure of August, September also comes with a lot of football matches. The ninth month of the English calendar begins with the clash between Valencia CF and Real Mallorca. The match week 03 fixture will begin at 5 pm local time (3 pm GMT). It will be the 2nd home fixture of the season for the Oranges. They will be back from the Balaidos after facing Celta de Vigo away from the home. Conversely, it will be the very first away match of the campaign for Mallorca. After two consecutive home clashes against Eibar and Real Sociedad, The Barralets will be touring for the first time in this 2019-20 season. Mestalla Stadium will host the match and around 45 thousand fans will watch the clash live. 3 more La Liga matches have been scheduled to be played on the same day following this fixture.
- Participating Teams: Valencia CF vs Real Mallorca
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 03
- Date: 1 September 2019
- Time: 4 pm BST/ 3 pm GMT/ 5 pm Local
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadio de Mestalla
- Location: Avenida Suecia, Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 50,500
- Surface: Grass / Sand
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Abdon, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag, Pervis Estupinan.
Valencia Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Alaves
- 2-4 Defeat vs Arsenal
- 6-2 Win vs Huesca
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches:
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
- 0-1 Defeat vs Albacete
- 2-0 Win vs Albaacete
- 0-0 Draw vs Extremadura
Predicted Result: Valencia 3 – 0 Real Mallorca
Match Preview: Valencia has one of the most balanced squads in the league. The former league champions are a consistent side in the Spanish top flight. They have signed Dutch number one keeper Jasper Cillessen from Barca in this transfer window. They have good defensive options like Garay, Gaya, Diakhaby. The likes of Kondogbia, Coquelin, Gomez, Parejo makes the midfield formidable for any side. In addition to this, Guedes and Kevin Gameiro will lead the front line.
Interestingly, it will be the very first away fixture for the Vermilions after being promoted to the top flight. So it will be quite exciting to see how they do in this test. Vicente Moreno will most probably go with defensive tactics against a side like Valencia. Certainly, it won’t be that much easy for Els Barralets against Los Ches in an unfamiliar Mestalla Stadium.
Firstly, I’m guessing a dominating performance for the Bats. Secondly, I back Cillessen to keep a clean sheet in this encounter. In addition to this, I expect Gameiro to put his name on the scorecard. Finally, my prediction for this game is a 3-0 victory for the home side.