In an exciting match week, 15 clash Valencia CF will take on Villarreal CF. The encounter will take place at the Mestalla Stadium. The two teams do have a famous old rivalry. The clash between them spreads heat all around the Stadium as well as among them their fans around the world. Because there is never a shortage of thrills and excitement in their clashes. So another epic encounter is waiting for the La Liga fans.
In addition to this, the Oranges who have made a good start to their home campaign will be playing their 8th home game of this ongoing league season. However, they will come into this fixture following their trip to London. In fact, they will return from their away UCL clash against Chelsea at the Stamford Bridge. On the contrary, the Yellow Submarines will be playing their 8th road game of the campaign. They will have this trip to the Mestalla Stadium following their home fixture against Celta de Vigo.
- Participating Teams: Valencia CF vs Villarreal CF
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 15
- Date: TBA
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio de Mestalla
- Location: Avenida Suecia, Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 50,500
- Surface: Grass / Sand
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca,
Valencia Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-5 Defeat vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win Vs Real Mallorca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Celta Vigo
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-0 Win vs Leganes
- 2-2 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
Predicted Result: Valencia 3 – 1 Villarreal
Match Preview: It is definitely going to be a thrilling encounter. Both sides do have strong, balanced squad. However, Valencia CF looks a bit stronger side. Moreover, they will play in their familiar home conditions. Thus these factors will keep them ahead mentally. So they are expected to play for all the 3 points. I also expect them to play attacking football. Conversely, considering it as an away fixture, the men in yellows, should play a bit defensively. However, they will also like to take their chances if given any.
The Oranges lead the recent head to head stats with 3 wins out of the last 5 meetings in opposed to Villarreal’s only victory. In 2019, the two sides took on each other on 3 occasions, including 2 UEL meetings along with a La Liga clash. Somehow, Valencia managed to win all those matches. So they will try to carry the momentum.
I expect more than 2.5 goals in this game. I also back both sides to score. Above all, my prediction for this game is a 3-1 victory for the hosts.