If they can draw against Real Madrid away from the home, they have all the rights to dream it once again against another Madrid based side. Yes, tI’m talking about Real Valladolid. You may take them as the minnow but they really can make you hurt. They finished the last season standing in the 16th spot. But they have already produced some upsets earlier in this season. Firstly, they haunted Real Betis away from the home. Then they went onto the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium and drew Real Madrid! Now they are all set to take Atletico de Madrid. But this time they will play in their home means they are going to take some tough tests of the Rojiblancos.
On the other side, Atletico started the campaign in tremendous fashion. They began the season with back to back wins. They got success both in home as well as away fixtures. Now they are ready to take part in their 4th road fixture. But they will have a busy schedule following their trip to the Russian capital to face Lokomotiv Moscow in an UCL clash.
- Participating Teams: Real Valladolid vs Atletico Madrid
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Week: 08
- Date: 6th October 2019
- Time: 1 pm BST / 12 pm GMT / 2 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadio Municipal Jose Zorrilla
- Location: Province of Valladolid, Castile and Leon, Spain
- Capacity: 26,512
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Churripi, Jordi Masip.
- Defenders: Federico Barba, Kiko, Fernando Calero, Luismi, Javi Antonito, Javi Moyano, Nacho Martinez.
- Midfielders: Javi Sanchez, Akvaro Aguado, David Mayoral, Joaquin,Fede San Emeterio, Jorge de Frutos, Hervias, Anuar, Toni Villa, Ruben Alcaraz, Michel.
- Forwards: Chris Ramos, Waldo Rubio, Sandro Ramirez, Marcos de Sousa, Enes Unal, Oscar Plano, Stiven Plaza, Sergi Guardiola
Atletico Madrid Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Antonio Adan, Jan Oblak.
- Defenders: Filipe Luis, Santiago Arias, Jose Maria Gimenez, Stefan Savic, Kieran Trippier, Saim Vrsaljko, R Lodi.
- Midfielders: Thomas Partey, Thomas Lemar, Koke, Saul Niguez, Marcos Llorente, Vitolo, Hector Herrera.
- Forwards: Nikola Kalinic, Diego Costa, Alvaro Morata, Angel Correa, Joao Felix.
Valladolid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Real Betis
- 0-2 Defeat vs Valencia
- 2-1 Win vs Rayo Vallecano
- 1-0 Win vs Athletic Bilbao
Atletico Madrid Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-0 Win vs Leganes
- 1-0 Win vs Getafe
- 2-2 Draw vs Levante
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 0-3 Defeat vs Espanyol
Predicted Result : Real Valladolid 0 – 1 Atletico de Madrid
Match Preview : The White and Violets will be confident recalling their glorious memory against the Blancos. They will try to repeat something similar. However, Sergio Gonzalez is probably going to eye 1 point from this fixture. Thus, I’m expecting defensive mind set from him. But they will certainly take their chances for sure. I think they will take a very tough test of the visitors.
On the other hand, it is going to be a tough couple of days for Diego Simeone’s side. After taking on their city rivals, they will fly towards the Russian capital to play Lokomotiv Moscow in an important UCL fixture. Moreover, just coming back from that cool city, they will have to face the Pucelles within a few days. Thus, Diego may have to give rest to some of his key players.
I can smell such a tough contest and lack of goals as well. So My pick is a narrow win for the league runners up.