No European night football for Villarreal CF this season means they can fully focus on their La Liga fixtures. In a match week 10 clash, the Yellow Submarines will host Deportivo Alaves. Estadio de La Ceramica will have the privilege to host the encounter. In addition to this, it will be the 5th home game of the season for them. However, they will make their return to the Ceramica after back to back road matches against Osasuna and Espanyol respectively. Moreover, they will have a trip to the Ipurua Stadium in the upcoming week as they will face SD Eibar away from the home in the next fixture.
On the other hand, Deportivo Alaves will play their 6th road game of the season. Initially, they started the campaign with back to back home games. Nevertheless, they will have this visit to the Ceramica Stadium following their home match against Celta Vigo. After playing the mentioned match they will head back to the home to take on Atletico Madrid.
- Participating Teams: Villarreal CF vs Deportivo Alaves
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 10
- Date: 25th/26th/27th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio de La Ceramica
- Location: Villarreal, Spain
- Capacity: 24,890
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca,
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 0-0 Draw vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
Predicted Result: Villarreal 2 – 0 Alaves
Match Preview: Firstly, Villarreal will play in their familiar home condition. In addition to this, they seem to be a better side of pen and paper. Thus all these factors will keep the men in Yellow ahead. So they will certainly go for all the 3 points.
However, in the recent head to heads Alaves comprehensively leading the race by 4-1 margin. In fact, they have defeated Villarreal in the last 3 straight meetings. Moreover, the Yellow Submarines failed to beat their counterparts since 2017. Furthermore, in the last clashes hosted by the Ceramica Stadium, Villarreal had to taste defeat in their own back yard on both occasions. So this stat will certainly boost the morale of the visiting side.
My pick for this game is a comprehensive victory for the hosts. I also back them to keep a clean sheet.