The Spectators of the La Ceramica Stadium, have seen a lot of goals in the earlier part of the season. They were the witness of an 8 goals’ thriller in the Villarreal’s inaugural goal of the season. On that occasion, the Yellow Submarines drew Granada 4-4 in their very first game of the campaign. However, the viewers once again got the chance to watch the goal flooding live as Villarreal tied 2-2 with Real Madrid. Despite watching a large number of goals, they couldn’t see their favorite side winning in the first couple of matches. Thus the fans felt the thirst of winning games at their abode. However, they will get their chances on the upcoming occasions. For now, the men in yellow will take on Celta Vigo in their 7th match of this ongoing league season.
In fact, the two sides will take on each other in a game-day 14 fixture of the Spanish top flight. The Sky Blues will be taking part of their 7th road fixture of the campaign. However, they will continue their road journey as they will have this trip to the Ceramica following their visit to the Camp Nou Stadium.
- Participating Teams: Villarreal CF vs Celta de Vigo
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 14
- Date: 22nd/23rd/24th October 2019 (TBA)
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio de La Ceramica
- Location: Villarreal, Spain
- Capacity: 24,890
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca,
Celta Vigo Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Alvarez, Ruben Blanco.
- Defenders: Joseph Aizoo, Jorge, Roberto Mazan, Hugo Mallo, David Costas, Nestor Araujo, Emre Mor, Lucas Olaza, Kevin Vazquez, Facundo Roncaglia.
- Midfielders: Cucho Hernandez, Okay Yokuslu, Denis Suarez, Fran Beltran, Stanislas Lobotka, Gabriel Fernandez, Jozabed, Brais Mendez.
- Forwards: Claudio Beauvue, Santi Mina, Iago Aspas, Pione Sisto, David Junca.
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 3-0 Win vs Leganes
- 2-2 Draw vs Real Madrid
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
Celta Vigo Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Granada
- 1-1 Draw vs Sevilla
- 1-0 Win vs Valencia
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 2-2 Draw vs Vallecano
Predicted Result: Villarreal 3 – 1 Celta Vigo
Match Preview: As Villarreal will be playing at their familiar condition, it will keep them ahead. They also look stronger on pen and paper. Thus they should be aiming nothing but a victory. So I think, Javier Calleja will opt an attacking tactic for this fixture. The Yellow Submarines will also look for an early lead to take control of the game.
Conversely, Celta Vigo will be playing away from the home. Considering their recent performances, they may feel a lack of confidence. However, they will most probably play for a draw. Thus a point will certainly make them happy.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I’m guessing a one-sided clash. But I back both the teams to score. Nevertheless, my pick for this game is a 3-1 home victory for Villarreal.