Liga BBVA is back after a big break of 3 months in the mid-August and so does Granada into the Spanish 1st tier after two years. The Nazaries were eliminated from the Primeira division after finishing 20th in the 2016-17 season and then they had to compete in the Segunda division. Last season they were the runners up of the 2nd tier by finishing 2nd just behind Osasuna with 79 points and were promoted to the La Liga. Now in their opening fixture, they will travel to Estadio de la Ceramica to play Villarreal. Around 20 thousand fans will watch the game live. It will be a night game and will be kicked off at 9 pm local time.
- Participating Teams: Villarreal vs Granada
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 01
- Date: 17th August, 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio de La Ceramica
- Location: Villarreal, Spain
- Capacity: 24,890
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Toko Ekambi, Raba.
Grenada Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Rui Silva, Aaron Escandell, Alberto Lejarraga Rubio.
- Defenders: Bernardo, Jose Martinez, Geraman Sanchez, Nicolas Aguirre, Quini, Victor Diaz, Adrian Castellano, Carlos Neva.
- Midfielders: Alex Martinez, Fran Rico, Alvaro Vadillo, Fede San Emetario, Alejandro Pozo, Ramon Azeez, Fede Vico, Daniel Ojeda, Angel Montoro, Alberto, Jose Gonzalez.
- Forwards: Adrian Ramos, Juancho, Rodri Rios Lozano.
Villarreal Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Huesca
- 1-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
Granada Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Alcoron
- 1-1 Draw vs Mallorca
- 1-1 Draw vs Cadiz
- 1-0 Win vs Albacete
- 2-1 Win vs Tenerife
Predicted Result: Villarreal 3 – 0 Granada
Match Preview: Villarreal is expected to play attacking football in this game. With the familiar condition at the Estadio de la Ceramica, no way that they would hold themselves back, so expect
It will be interesting to see how Diego Martinez plans his team in the very first match of the season of the La Liga after playing two seasons in the lower division. Rui Silva would be the gloves man for the visitors with Victor Diaz, Quini and German Sanchez as the defenders ahead of him. Ramos and Rodri would be the key for the visitors in the front.
I’m predicting the hosts to keep a clean sheet and to get a dominating victory to start the season.