Match week 07 arrives just a day after the finishing of the game day 06. It starts with a clash between Villarreal CF and Real Betis. However, only 3 days later of having a trip to the Camp Nou, the Yellow Submarines are all set to play their next match. In addition to this, it will be their 4th home game of the season. They played their first 3 home games against Granada, Real Madrid and Real Valladolid respectively. Nevertheless, Javier Calleja’s side didn’t make a good start to the season. They could only manage 1 point from their opening 2 fixtures.
Conversely, Real Betis will have this visit to the Ceramica Stadium only 3 days later of their home clash against Levante. Besides, it will be their 3rd road game of the campaign. The Green and Whites are desperately looking for the points as they started with the back to back defeats. Both of their home opener as well as the away opener ended in defeats. However, the Friday night clash has been scheduled to start on 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT).
- Participating Teams: Villarreal CF vs Real Betis
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 07
- Date: 27th September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Friday
- Venue: Estadio de La Ceramica
- Location: Villarreal, Spain
- Capacity: 24,890
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Ekambi, Raba.
Real Betis Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Daniel Martin Fernandez, Joel Robles.
- Defenders: Zouhair Feddal, Junior Fipro, Antonio Barragan, Sidnei, Marc Bartra.
- Midfielders: Victor Camarasa, Giovani Lo Celso, Alfonso Pedraza, Joaquin, Javi Garcia, Sergio Canales, Andres Guardado, Willaim Carvalho.
- Forwards: Juanjo Narvaez, Emerson, Juanmi, Lorenzo Moron, Diego lainez, Emerson, Cristian Tello.
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
Real Betis last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-5 Defeat vs FC Barcelona
- 1-2 Defeat vs Valladolid
- 2-0 Win vs Real Madrid
- 2-1 Win vs Huesca
- 0-1 Defeat vs Eibar
Predicted Result : Villarreal 2 – 1 Real Betis
Match Preview : Firstly, both team will be under pressure while playing taking part in this contest. Both the sides badly need the points. However, the Villarreal will try to take the home advantage at the Ceramica. In addition to this, considering it as a home match they will be eyeing all the 3 points. So expect Calleja to go with a comparatively attacking style of play.
On the contrary, Betis too will try to take as many point as possible on their way to the home. But as they will be playing away from the home and considering Villarreal’s dominance at their home, Sergio Gonzalez should opt a comparatively defensive tactics. However, there is no chance of thinking, that they will not take their chances if given any.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I can smell a good battle on the card. Moreover, I think both the side will score in this clash. Finally, my prediction is a 2-1 victory for the home side.