With the approaching of an international break, the last game of the match week 03 will be played between Villarreal and Real Madrid. After the end of this match, Spanish La Liga will have a 12 days break as the national teams will take part in international matches in early September. Villarreal will welcome the 33-time league winners at Estadio de la Ceramica. It will be the 2nd home game of the season for the Yellow Submarines. On the other hand, it will be the 2nd away match home the campaign for the Blancos after their season opener against Celta Vigo. The mentioned fixture is a Sunday night clash which will take place on 9 pm local time (7 pm GMT). La Liga will return on the 13th September with the Real Mallorca and Athletic Bilbao clash.
- Participating Teams: Villarreal vs Granada
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 03
- Date: 1st September 2019
- Time: 8 pm BST/ 7 pm GMT/ 9 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Estadio de La Ceramica
- Location: Villarreal, Spain
- Capacity: 24,890
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Toko Ekambi, Raba.
Real Madrid Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Keylor Navas, Thibaut Courtois, Andriy Lunin, Diego Altube.
- Defenders: Sergio Ramos, Nacho Fernandez, Marcelo, Dani Carvajal, Raphael Varane, Eder Militao, Ferland Mendy, Javier Hernandez Cabrera, Jesus Vallejo, Adrian de la Fuente.
- Midfielders: Toni Kroos, Casemiro, Lucas Vazquez, Luka Modric, Eden Hazard, Brahim Diaz, Federico Valverde, Javier Munoz Jimenez, Jaime Seaone, Vinicius Jose Paixao de Oliviera Junior, Isco.
- Forwards: Luka Jovic, Karim Benzema, Marco Asensio, Gareth Bale, Mariano Diaz Mejia, Takefusa Kubo, Rodrygo Silva de Goes, Dani Gomez, Ruben Sobrino, Cristo Ramon Gonzalez Perez.
Villarreal Last 5 Matches:
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
- 2-3 Defeat vs Real Madrid
- 1-1 Draw vs Huesca
- 1-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
Real Madrid Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Real Betis
- 1-3 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 3-2 Win vs Villareal
- 0-1 Defeat vs Vallecano
- 0-0 Draw vs Getafe
Predicted Result: Villarreal 2 – 1 Real Madrid
Match Preview: It will be an absolute mouth-watering clash for sure. Villarreal do have a good record at the Ceramica. They have haunted so many giants at their fortress on previous occasions. The Yellow Submarines undoubtedly have a formidable squad. They can beat any side on their days. The likes of Gerard Moreno, Carlos Bacca, Santi Cazorla as well as Vicente Iborra won’t be the easy ones to play against.
Real Madrid has a better squad without any doubt. But they will play away from the home means won’t have the crowd behind them. They will have to work hard on this occasion if they look forward to winning this match. Clearly, Zinedine Zidane will try to get all the 3 points and will field his best playing xi.
You may take the Blancos as the favorites but I’m smelling an upset here. I am guessing a Real Madrid defeat in the city of Villarreal. So my prediction for this clash is a 2-1 victory for the home side.