At the very same time when Brighton will welcome Everton at the Amex Stadium, Watford FC will take on AFC Bournemouth in another match week 10 fixture. The Saturday afternoon encounter will take place at the Vicarage Road as the Hornets will have the privilege to host the clash. It will also start at 3 pm BST (2 pm GMT). Watford will come into this fixture following their trip to North London. In the GD-09 fixture, they were smelling the precious victory until the 85th minute with the help of a Doucoure strike. But Dele Alli’s equalizer at the death forced Quique Sanchez’s side to share the points.
On the contrary, Bournemouth will have this trip to the Vicarage following their home fixture against Norwich City at the Vitality Stadium. They were able to stop the in-form Teemu Pukki from scoring in that fixture but they too failed to score in that GD-09 fixture. In fact, the two sides gifted a goal less dull draw to the spectators at the Dorset based venue.
Match Details :
- Played Between: Watford FC vs AFC Bournemouth
- Date: 26th October 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST (2 pm GMT)
- Day: Saturday
- Match Day: 10
- Venue: Vicarage Road Stadium
- Location: Vicarage Road, Watford, England
- Capacity: 21,577
- Surface: Desso GrassMaster
Watford FC Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Heurelho Gomes, Ben Foster, Pontus Dahlberg.
- Defenders: Sebastian Prodl, Adrian Mariappa, Adam Masina, Craig Cathcart, Daryl Janmaat, Marc Navarro Cecilano,Jose Holebas, Christian Kabasele, Craig Dawson.
- Midfielders: Tom Cleverley, Ken Sema, Nathaniel Chalobah, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Etienne Capoue, Domingos Quina, Will Hughes, Kiko Femenia, Roberto Pereyra.
- Forwards: Stefano Okaka, Adalberto Penananda, Andre Gray, Gerard Deolofeu, Troy Deeney, Jerome Sinclair, Isaac Success Ajayi,
Bournemouth Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Asmir Begovic, Artur Boruc, Aaron Ramsdale, Mark Travers.
- Defenders: Nathan Ake, Chris Mepham, Steve Cook, Lloyd Kelly, Diego Rico, Adam Smith, Tyrone Mings, Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis, Jack Simpson, Bradley Franchis, Matt Butcher.
- Midfielders: Ryan Fraser, Jefferson Lema, Lewis Cook, David Brooks, Jordon Ibe, Harry Arter, Junior Stanislas, Dan Gosling, Andrew Surman, Emerson Hyndman, Connor Mahoney, Nnamdi Ofoborh, Mihai alexandru Dobre, Kyle Taylor.
- Forwards: Callum Wilson, Dominic Solanke, Joshua King, Lys Mousset, Sam Surridge.
Watford FC Last 5 Matches:
- 1-1 Draw vs Tottenham
- 0-0 Draw vs Sheff Utd
- 0-2 Defeat vs Wolverhampton
- 2-1 Win vs Swansea
- 0-8 Defeat vs Man City
Bournemouth Last 5 Matches:
- 0-0 Draw vs Norwich
- 0-1 Defeat vs Arsenal
- 2-2 Draw vs West Ham
- 0-2 Defeat vs Burton
- 3-1 Win vs Southampton
Predicted Result: Watford 1 – 1 Bournemouth
Match Preview: Watford is yet to get a win in the English top-flight this season. They have managed only 4 points from their opening 9 fixtures and this disappointing performance has put them at the bottom of the table. They need to improve their performances if they are to stay at the premier division of English football. Bournemouth too only won 1 out of their last 5 outings in all competitions. Thus the Cherries will be hoping a satisfying football display against the out of form Hornets. The last time the two sides took on each other in the last January, was an absolute thriller.
My prediction for this game is a 1-1 draw after the final whistle of the referee.