Saturday afternoons bring you lots of football matches. There will be no shortage of action on 24th August either. Among the 5 blockbusters, one will be held at the Vicarage Road Stadium, which will see The Hornets taking on The Hammers. It will be Watford FC’s second home game of the fresh season and West Ham Utd will be away from their fort for the second time on the trot. The match has been scheduled to be started on 3 pm BST. Around 20 thousands fans will watch the clash live from the ground.
Match Details :
- Played Between: Watford FC vs West Ham United
- Date: 24 August
- Time: 3 pm BST
- Day: Saturday
- Match Day: 03
- Venue: Vicarage Road Stadium
- Location: Vicarage Road, Watford, England
- Capacity: 21,577
- Surface: Desso GrassMaster
Watford FC Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Heurelho Gomes, Ben Foster, Pontus Dahlberg.
- Defenders: Sebastian Prodl, Adrian Mariappa, Adam Masina, Craig Cathcart, Daryl Janmaat, Marc Navarro Cecilano,Jose Holebas, Christian Kabasele, Craig Dawson.
- Midfielders: Tom Cleverley, Ken Sema, Nathaniel Chalobah, Abdoulaye Doucoure, Etienne Capoue, Domingos Quina, Will Hughes, Kiko Femenia, Roberto Pereyra.
- Forwards: Stefano Okaka, Adalberto Penananda, Andre Gray, Gerard Deolofeu, Troy Deeney, Jerome Sinclair, Isaac Success Ajayi,
West Ham Utd Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Lukasz Fabianski, Roberto, David Martin.
- Defenders: Issa Diop, Winston Reid, Aaron cresswell, Fabian Balbuena, Ryan Fredericks, Pablo Zabaleta, Angelo Ogbonna, Arthur Masuaku.
- Midfielders: Felipe Anderson, Manuel Lanzini, Pedro Obiang, Robert Snodgrass, Mark Noble, Carlos Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Moses Makasi, Andriy Yarmolenko, Michail Antonio, Nathan Holland, Declan Rice, Grady Diangana, Pablo Fornals, Conor Coventry.
- Forwards: Javier Hernandez, Ben Johnson.
Watford Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 0-6 Defeat vs Man City (N)
- 1-4 Defeat vs West Ham (H)
- 0-3 vs Chelsea (A)
- 1-2 Defeat vs Wolverhampton (H)
- 1-1 Draw vs Southampton (H)
West Ham Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 4-1 Win vs Watford (A)
- 3-0 Win vs Southampton (H)
- 1-0 Win vs Tottenham (A)
- 2-2 Draw vs Leicester City (H)
- 1-2 Defeat vs Man Utd (A)
Predicted Result: Watford 2- 2 West Ham
Match Preview: The Hornets are a good side specially at the home. Heurelho Gomes is a kind of keeper, you can always rely on. They have got solid defensive options in Holbeas, Catchcart, Mariappa. Capoue, Doucoure, Hughes will be the probable starter at the heart of the midfield. Deulofeu and Pereyra will play in wider position and can prove to be vital to decide the game. If the latest Watford matches are anything to go by, Troy Deeney will start at the front as the loan striker.
West Ham United have a strong balanced squad and quite a lot of options. Despite the leaving of Marko Arnautovic, they still have a good attacking set up. Polish keeper Lukasz Fabianski is their number one choice in between the sticks. Rice and Noble have the best possibility to start in the midfield. The wings should be occupied by Felipe Anderson and Michail Antonio with Lanzini in between them as the number Ten. Mexican super star striker Javier Hernandez should start as the number Nine.
Both the teams match each other according to the capability. It’s tough to predict the favourite. With the Hammers being slightly stronger and the Hornets having the crowd support behind them, I’m going for a draw. 2 square at the Vicarage Road is my prediction.