West Ham will welcome Newcastle United FC at the London Stadium in a match week 21 fixture. It will be another Saturday afternoon encounter which will start at 3 pm GMT (4 pm BST). It will be the 2nd successive home game for the Hammers at the London Stadium. The Irons shared point with the Blades as the GD-10 encounter ended in a 1-1 draw. West Ham’s Scottish midfielder Robert Snodgrass’s 44th-minute strike was canceled out by an L Mousset equalizer on the 69th minute. currently seems to be in a bad run of form. They have failed to win in their last 5 outings. The last time they have bagged all 3 match points, was back in late September against the Red Devils. Thus they will try to make a good comeback this November, after a shaky October.
On the other hand, Newcastle will have this visit to the English capital following their home fixture against Wolverhampton. Steve Bruce’s side also had to share point with the Wolves as their clash too ended in a 1-1 draw. The Magpies managed to win only 1 game out of their last 5 outings. So they will be aiming a good turn around in this early November fixture.
- Participating Teams: West Ham Utd vs Newcastle Utd
- Date: 2nd November
- Time: 3 pm GMT (4 pm BST)
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: London Stadium
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 2ST, UK
- Capacity: 66,000
- Surface: Grass (Desso GrassMaster)
West Ham United Team Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Lukasz Fabianski, Roberto, David Martin
- Defender: Issa Diop, Fabian Balbuena, Angelo Ogbonna, Winston Reid, Reece Oxford, Aaron Cresswell, Arthur Masuaku, Ryan Fredericks, Pablo Zabaleta
- Midfielder: Declan Rice, Carlos Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Mark Noble, Pablo Fornals, Manuel Lanzini,
- Forward: Felipe Anderson, Andrii Yarmolenko, Michail Antanio, Robert Snodgrass, Grady Diangana, Sebastian Haller, Chicharito
Newcastle United Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Martin Dubravka, Rob Elliot, Karl Darlow
- Defenders: Ciaran Clark, Paul Dummett, Fabian Schar, Jamaal Lascelles, Jetro Willems, Emil Krafth, Federico Fernandez, Javier Manquillo, Florian Lejeune, DeAndre Yedlin
- Midfielders: Ki Sung-yueng, Jonjo Shelvey, Allan Saint-Maximin, Matt Ritchie, Isaac Hayden, Miguel Almiron, Christian Atsu, Sean Longstaff, Matthew Longstaff
- Forwards: Andy Carroll, Joelinton, Dwight Gayle, Yoshinori Muto
West Ham Last 5 Matches:
- 1-1 Draw vs Sheff Utd – Premier League
- 0-2 Defeat vs Everton – Premier League
- 1-2 Defeat vs Crystal Palace – Premier League
- 2-2 Draw vs Bournemouth – Premier League
- 0-4 Defeat vs Oxford – Carabao Cup
Last 5 Matches of Newcastle United:
- 1-1 Draw vs Wolves – Premier League
- 0-1 Defeat vs Chelsea – Premier League
- 1-0 Win vs Manchester United – Premier League
- 0-5 Defeat vs Leicester City – Premier League
- 0-0 Draw vs Brighton – Premier League
Predicted Result: West Ham 2 – 1 Newcastle
Match Preview: West Ham Utd have managed to earn as many as 13 points from their first 10 league fixtures as opposed to Newcastle’s 9 points. The Irons will have the privilege to play at the home. Their recent form hasn’t been that impressive. But they will feature as the favorites in this encounter. I expect them to go with attacking tactics in this fixture as well.
The Magpies may opt to go with defensive tactics considering it as an away fixture. But they will be seeking the 3 points as well. M Dubravka will be crucial for the visitors.
My pick for this game is a 2-1 victory for the home side.