Back to back defeats for the Hammers since the arrival of October. Now the Irons are all set to take part in their 3rd outing of the current month and will be eyeing their 1st victory of this month. In a game day 10 fixture, they will take on Sheff Utd. The Saturday afternoon encounter will start at 2 pm GMT (3 pm BST). London Stadium will have the privilege to host this game. West Ham will come into this fixture following their 0-2 defeat against Everton at the Goodison Park. Bernard and Siggurdsson’s strikes handed the English capital-based side it’s 2nd consecutive league defeat.
On the other hand, Sheff Utd will be on its way towards the English capital following their giant-killing performance against another London based side. They will have this visit to West Ham’s home venue following their massive home victory against Arsenal. L Mousett’s 1st half strike ensured the victory for the Blades over the league giants at the Bramall Lane. Let’s see which side comes out on top this time in this late October encounter.
- Participating Teams: West Ham Utd vs Sheffield Utd
- Date: 26th October
- Time: 2 pm GMT (3 pm BST)
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: London Stadium
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 2ST, UK
- Capacity: 66,000
- Surface: Grass (Desso GrassMaster)
West Ham United Team Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Lukasz Fabianski, Roberto, David Martin
- Defender: Issa Diop, Fabian Balbuena, Angelo Ogbonna, Winston Reid, Reece Oxford, Aaron Cresswell, Arthur Masuaku, Ryan Fredericks, Pablo Zabaleta
- Midfielder: Declan Rice, Carlos Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Mark Noble, Pablo Fornals, Manuel Lanzini,
- Forward: Felipe Anderson, Andrii Yarmolenko, Michail Antanio, Robert Snodgrass, Grady Diangana, Sebastian Haller, Chicharito
Sheffield United Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Dean Henderson, Simon Moore, Jake Eastwood.
- Defenders : George Baldock, Enda Stevens, Jack O’Connell, John Egan, Jake Wright, Keiron Freeman, Richard Stearman, Kean Bryan, Phil Jagielka.
- Midfielders : John Fleck, Chris Basham, John Lundstram, Kieran Dowell, Oliver Norwood, Mark Duffy, Marvin Johnson.
- Forwards: Billy Sharp, David McGoldrick, Luke Freeman.
West Ham Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Everton
- 1-2 Defeat vs Crystal Palace
- 2-2 Draw vs Bournemouth
- 0-4 Defeat vs Oxford
- 2-0 Win vs Man Utd
Sheffield Utd Last 5 Matches:
- 1-0 Win vs Arsenal
- 0-0 Draw vs Watford
- 0-1 Defeat vs Liverpool
- 0-1 Defeat vs Sunderland
- 2-0 Win vs Everton
Predicted Result: West Ham 2 – 1 Sheff Utd
Match Preview: Both the sides have managed to bag 12 points so far from their first 9 league games of the season. Sheff Utd standing in the 9th position meanwhile the Hammers are sitting on the 11th spot in the league table. So this should be a cracking fixture at the London Stadium. However, the Hammers will get the home advantage for playing in their familiar home ground. But each of them will have to play their best football to get better of their counterparts. The victory against the Gunners will definitely boost the morale of the visiting side. But it won’t be easy for them as well away from the abode.
I can smell another tough game on the card. But my pick is a 2-1 home victory for Manuel Pellegrini’s side.