After the international break of more than one and a half weeks, the English Premier League will be back on November 23. The game week 13 will be kicked off with the fixture between West Ham Utd FC and Tottenham Hotspur. The Saturday lunchtime encounter will start at 12:30 pm GMT. The London Stadium will have the privilege to host this fixture. As it will be the very first game after the international break during mid-November, the fans will be pretty much excited about this game.
The Hammers will come into this fixture following their trip to the Turf Moor. On the other hand, the Spurs will have this trip to the London Stadium following their home fixture against Sheff Utd. The last time these two sides met each other, was back in April 2019. On that occasion, West Ham beat the Lilywhites by M Antonio’s 67th minute decisive strike. However, the two sides have won 2 games each out of their last 5 head to heads. The other game ended in a draw. Let’s see which side comes out victorious on this occasion.
- Participating Teams: West Ham Utd vs Tottenham
- Date: 23rd November
- Time: 12:30 pm GMT
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: London Stadium
- Location: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 2ST, UK
- Capacity: 66,000
- Surface: Grass (Desso GrassMaster)
West Ham United Team Squad:
- Goal Keepers: Lukasz Fabianski, Roberto, David Martin
- Defender: Issa Diop, Fabian Balbuena, Angelo Ogbonna, Winston Reid, Reece Oxford, Aaron Cresswell, Arthur Masuaku, Ryan Fredericks, Pablo Zabaleta
- Midfielder: Declan Rice, Carlos Sanchez, Jack Wilshere, Mark Noble, Pablo Fornals, Manuel Lanzini,
- Forward: Felipe Anderson, Andrii Yarmolenko, Michail Antonio, Robert Snodgrass, Grady Diangana, Sebastian Haller, Chicharito
Tottenham Hotspur team squad:
- Goalkeepers: Hugo Lloris, Paulo Gazzaniga, Michel Vorm
- Defenders: Danny Rose, Jan Vertonghen, Davinson Sanchez, Kyle Walker-Peters, Serge Aurier, Juan Foyth, Ben Davies
- Midfielders: Harry Winks, Victor Wanyama, Eric Dier, Giovani Lo Celso, Moussa Sissoko, Ryan Sessegnon, Christian Eriksen, Dele Alli, Tanguy Ndombele, Oliver Skipp
- Forwards: Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Erik Lamela, Lucas Moura.
West Ham Last 5 Matches:
- 1-1 Draw vs Sheff Utd – Premier League
- 0-2 Defeat vs Everton – Premier League
- 1-2 Defeat vs Crystal Palace – Premier League
- 2-2 Draw vs Bournemouth – Premier League
- 0-4 Defeat vs Oxford – Carabao Cup
Last 5 Match of Tottenham Hotspur:
- 1-1 Draw vs Everton – Premier League
- 5-0 Win vs C Zevzda – UEFA Champions League
- 0-3 Defeat vs Brighton – Premier League
- 2-7 Defeat vs Bayern Munich – Champions League
- 2-1 Win vs Southampton – Premier League
Predicted Result: West Ham 1 – 2 Tottenham
Match Preview: West Ham will get the home advantage. But their recent form hasn’t been promising at all. They have failed to impress the fans and have shown a lack of consistency. But they will be thrilled to recall their memory of winning against the Spurs in the latest meeting.
Conversely, the North London based side will play away from the home. But they are comparatively in better form. Thus they should eye revenge for their defeat in the latest outing against the Irons.
I’m expecting a good game of football. I also back each of the sides to score. Finally, my pick is a 2-1 away victory for Pochettino’s lads.