Sunday means Fun day. It brings a huge number of mouth-watering football fixtures. Just a couple of hours prior to the Man City vs Liverpool clash, Wolverhampton Wanderers will take on Aston Villa FC at the Molineux Stadium. The game week 12 fixture will start at 3 pm BST (2 pm GMT). The Wolves will come into this fixture following their trip to the English capital. In their latest league outing, they drew league giant Arsenal away from the home. P E Aubameyang’s deadlock breaker was canceled out by Raul Jimenez’s equalizer. Thus they should feel confident before taking on the Villans.
On the other hand, Aston Villa will have this trip to the Molineux following a heartbreaking defeat against Liverpool. Despite doing everything right until the 85th minute of the game, somehow they had to suffer a distasteful defeat against the All Reds. A Robertson and S Mane’s goals in quick succession late in the game, robbed the Lions as it ensured the 3 points for the league leaders. Both sides are in good form and thus one may expect a good game of football.
- Participating Teams: Wolverhampton vs Aston Villa
- Date: 10th November 2019
- Time: 3 PM BST, 2 PM GMT
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Molineux Stadium
- Location: Waterloo Rd, Wolverhampton WV1 4QR, UK
- Capacity: 31,700
- Surface: Desso GrassMaster
Wolves Team Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Rui Patricio, John Ruddy
- Defenders: Matt Doherty, Jesus Vallejo, Ryan Bennett, Willy Boly, Conor Coady, Jonny, Dion Sanderson, Ruben Vinagre, Max Kilman
- Midfielders: Bruno Jordao, Pedro Neto, Ruben Neves, Morgan Gibbs-White, Taylor Perry, Romain Saiss, Joao Moutinho, Leander Dendoncker, Adama Traore, Meritan Shabani, Luke Cundle
- Forwards: Raul Jimenez, Patrick Cutrone, Diogo Jota
Team Squad of Aston Villa:
- Goalkeepers: Tom Heaton, Jed Steer, Orjan Nyland, Lovre Kalinic
- Defenders: Neil Taylor, James Chester, Ezri Konsa, Matt Targett, Bjorn Engels, Frederic Guilbert, Ahmed Elmohamady, Kortney Hause, Tyrone Mings
- Midfielders: Douglas Luiz, John McGinn, Henri Lansbury, Jack Grealish, Marvelous Nakamba, Conor Hourihane, Trezeguet, Anwar El Ghazi, Jota
- Forwards: Wesley, Jonathan Kodjia, Keinan Davis
Last 5 Matches of Wolverhampton :
- 1-1 Draw vs Arsenal – Premier League
- 1-2 Defeat vs Aston Villa – League Cup
- 1-1 Draw vs Newcastle – Premier League
- 2-1 Win vs Slovan – Europa League
- 1-1 Draw vs Southampton – Premier League
Last 5 Match of Aston Villa:
- 1-2 Defeat vs Liverpool – Premier League
- 2-1 Win vs Wolves – League Cup
- 0-3 Defeat vs Man City – Premier League
- 2-1 Win vs Brighton – Premier League
- 5-1 Win vs Norwich City – Premier League
Predicted Result: Wolverhampton 2 – 1 Aston Villa
Match Preview: The Wolves will be playing at the home. In addition to this, they are in pretty good form. They have been consistent since the start of the season. Thus they will feature as the favorites. But they will be haunted by the memory of their defeat against the Villans in the latest head to head in the League Cup. Thus they may eye revenge.
Aston Villa to is in a good run of form. Despite a late defeat against the All Reds, they should be full of confidence prior to this fixture. Thus I’m expecting a competitive game.
My pick is a hard-fought 2-1 victory for the home side.