The Wolves from the Wolverhampton will take on Burnley in a Saturday afternoon clash on the 24th August. The Wolves had an outstanding last season where they finished 7th just behind the six EPL giants. Molineux Stadium of Waterloo Road will have the privilege to host the game. The game will start on 3 pm BST. Around 30 thousands fans are expected watch the match live from the ground. It will be the second home game on the trot for the home side and also the 2nd consecutive away game for the visitors.
Match Details :
- Played Between: Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Burnley
- Date: 24 August. 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Molineux Stadium
- Location: Waterloo Road, Wolverhampton, West Midlands
- Capacity: 32,050
- Surface: Desso GrassMaster
Wolverhampton Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Rui Patricio, John Ruddy, Will Norris.
- Defenders: Matt Doherty, Ryan Bennett, Ethan Ebanks-Landell, Willy Boly, Conor Cody, Jonny Otto, Romain Saiss, Ruben Vinagre, Max Kilman.
- Midfielders: Ruben Neves, Diogo Jota, Morgan Gibbs-White, Ryan John Giles, Leander Dendoncker, Joao Moutinho, Adama Traore.
- Forwards: Raul Jimenez, Bright Enobakhare, Leo Bonatini, Niall Ennis, Ivan Cavaleiro.
Burnley Squad :
- Goal Keepers: Tom Heaton, Joe Hart, Nick Pope, Adam Legzdins.
- Defenders: Matthew Lowton, Charlie Taylor, Ben Mee, Ben Gibson, James Tarkowski, Phil Bardsley, Kevin Long, Anthony Driscoll-Glennon, Erik Pieters.
- Midfielders: Jack Cork, Robbie Brady, Jeff Hendrick, Ashley Westwood, Joel Senior, Aaron Lennon, Steven Defour, Johann Berg Gudmundsson.
- Forwards: Ashley Barnes, Chris wood, Peter Crouch, Dwight McNeil, Jay Rodriguez, Matej Vydra.
Wolverhampton Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 0-2 Defeat vs Liverpool (A)
- 1-0 Win vs Fulham (H)
- 2-1 Win vs Watford (A)
- 3-1 Win vs Arsenal (H)
- 0-0 Draw vs Brighton (H)
Burnley Last 5 Matches (Last Season) :
- 1-3 Defeat vs Arseanl (H)
- 0-2 Defeat vs Everton (A)
- 0-1 Defeat vs Man City (H)
- 2-2 Draw vs Burnley (A)
- 2-0 Win vs Cardiff (H)
Predicted Result : Wolverhampton 3 – 1 Burnley
Match Preview : As it has been mentioned earlier, Wolverhampton finished 7th in the premier league points table last season. They have a good balanced squad. Last season they presented some upsets by killing the giants. Their gloves man Rui Patricio has been in sensational form since Euro 2016. Leander Dendoncker and Joao Moutinho proved to be superb in the midfield. In the attack, Mexican striker Raul Jimenez provided amazing performances throughout the last season and has scored in the big games. The Mexican might prove to be the difference between the two sides.
Tom Heaton is one of the best keepers of England and he has a good pair of central halves ahead of him. James Tarkowski and Mee are two tough Center Backs who will test any striker in the league before going past them. Jeff Hendrick, Ashley Westwood and Jack Cork are the possible starters in the midfield along with a 4th one in the left hand side. Ashley Barnes and Chris Wood are the most probable starters in the front.
Wolverhampton are the clear favourites for this clash and they will also have the home crowd behind them. So I Predict the hosts to get a dominating victory. I’m also guessing that Jimenez will have his name on the score sheet.