English Premier League champions Manchester City continues their journey in Asia. After the China phase, where they participated in the Premier League Asia Trophy and were beaten in the final by the Wolves. Then they went to Hong Kong to face Kitchee SC and destroyed them at their own backyard. Now they are on the way to the ‘Land of the Rising Sun’. There they will play their last preseason game against J1 League side Yokohama F Marinos. The match will be hosted by the Nissan Stadium of Yokohama and has been scheduled to be kicked off at 7 pm local time. After playing this friendly, the Citizens will be heading towards England to play Arsenal in the Community Shield, right before the beginning of the EPL.
- Participating Teams: Yokohama F. Marinos vs Man City
- Competition: Preseason Friendly Match
- Date: 27th
- Time: 11 am BST/ 10 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Nissan Stadium
- Location: Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
- Capacity: 72, 327
- Surface: Grass
Yokohama F. Marinos:
- Goalkeepers: Iru-gyu Park, Hiroki Iikura, Daichi Sugimoto, Gaku Harada.
- Defenders: Dusan Cvetinovic. Yuzo Kurihara, Theerathon Bunmatan, Takahiro Ogihara, Thiago Martins, Makito Ito, Ryo Takano, Ken Matsubara, Takuya Wada, Shinosuke Hatanaka, Ko Ikeda.
- Midfielders: Kazaki Nakagawa, Yuki Otsu, Takuya Kida, Jun Amano, Keita Endo, Kota Yamada, Rikuto Hirose, Ippei Shinozuka, Naoki Tsubaki, Koji Miyoshi.
- Forwards: Marcos Junior, Teruhito Nakagawa, Tadanari Lee, Edigar Junio, Yushi Yamaya.
Man City Squad :
- Goalkeepers: Ederson, Claudio Bravo, Arijanet
- Defenders: Aymeric Laporte, John Stones, Kyle Walker, Benjamin Mendy, Nicolas Otamendi, Oleksandr-Zinchenko, Danilo, Angelino, Fabian Delph, Eliaquim Mangala, Pablo Mari, Erik Palmer-Brown, Philippe Sandler.
- Midfielders: Kevin De Bruyne, Bernardo Silva, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan, Phil Foden, Fernandinho, Alex garcia, Douglas Luiz, Luka Ilic, Marlos Moreno.
- Forwards: Sergio Aguero, Leroy Sane, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus, Riyad Mahrez.
- Manager: Pep Guardiola.
Yokohama F. Marinos Last 5 Matches :
- 2-0 Win vs Vissel Kobe
- 3-1 Win vs Urawa
- 1-0 Win vs Oita
- 2-1 Win vs Ritsumeikan University
- 2-4 Defeat vs Tokyo
Man City Last 5 Matches:
- 6-1 Win vs Kitchee SC
- 0-0 Draw vs Wolverhampton
- 4-1 Win vs West Ham
- 6-0 Win vs Watford
- 4-1 Win vs Brighton
Predicted Result: Yokohama F. Marinos 1 – 5 Man City
Match Preview: The Marinos are having a great J1 League season. After 20 matches, they are standing at the second position just behind FC Tokyo with 39 points. They won 4 out of their last 5 matches. The Tricolores generally play with
The Citizens are in great touch. They just destroyed Kitchee SC by 6-1 margin and will try to do the same against their next opposition to close the preseason chapter on a high. Raheem Sterling, David Silva are in deadly form and scoring on regular occasions, would try to increase their goal tally.
I’m predicting another big, dominating Man City victory. But it’s more likely that the both team will score.