In a match week 07 fixture, Alaves will take on Real Mallorca at the Mendizorrotza Stadium. The Sunday afternoon clash will begin at 3 pm local time (1 pm GMT), just following the Eibar vs Celta Vigo encounter. In addition to this, it will be the 4th home game of the season for the Babazorros. However, they will make their comeback to their abode after two back to back road games against Athletic Bilbao and Real Sociedad respectively. Moreover, Alaves players will have to pack off their kit bags once again as they will visit to the Mestalla Stadium to face Valencia CF in the next game.
Conversely, it is going to be the 3rd away fixture of the campaign for Real Mallorca. The Vermilions made an average start to the season by gaining 3 points from their opening two fixtures. However, they will have this trip following their home match against Atletico de Madrid. After taking on Alaves, the Barralets will once again head back to the Son Moix Stadium to host Espanyol in their next fixture.
- Participating Teams: Deportivo Alaves vs Real Mallorca
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 07
- Date: 29th September 2019
- Time: 3 pm BST/ 2 pm GMT/ 4 pm Local Time
- Day: Sunday
- Venue: Mendizorrotza Stadium
- Location: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Spain
- Capacity: 19,840
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Fernando Pacheco, Antonio Sivera.
- Defenders: Rafael Paez, Alberto Rodriguez, Olivier Verdon, Ruben Duarte, Rodrigo Ely, Victor Laguardia, Guilermo Maripan, Ximo Navarro, Daniel Torres, Adrian Marin, Martin Aguirregabiria.
- Midfielders: Saul Garcia, Rafa Navarro, Jeando Fuchs, Nando Garcia, Javier Munoz, Pere Pons, Lucas Perez, Tomas Pina, Manu Garcia, Mubarak Wakaso, Patrick Twuamasi.
- Forwards: Ramon Mierez, Luis Rioja, Joselu, John Guidetti, Burgui, Ermedin Demirovic.
Real Mallorca Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Manuel, Leondro, Miguel Parera.
- Defenders: Joan Sastri, Franco Russo, Francisco Campos, Fran Gamez, Antonio Ruiz, Salvador Ruillo, Pablo Ramon.
- Midfielders: Dani, Juan Martinez, Pablo Valcarce, Martin Valjent, Idrissu Baba, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Ariday, Marc Pedraza, Salva Sevilla, Alex Lopez, Nikola Stojiljkovic, Lago Junior, Ante Budimir, Buenacasa, Victor de Baunbag.
Alaves Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Espanyol
- 1-0 Win vs Levante
- 2-1 Win vs Girona
- 1-3 Defeat vs Valencia
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
Real Mallorca Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-1 Defeat vs Real Sociedad
- 2-1 Win vs Eibar
- 3-0 Win vs La Coruna
- 0-2 Defeat vs La Coruna
- 0-1 Defeat vs Albacete
Predicted Result : Alaves 2 – 1 Real Mallorca
Match Preview : Alaves will play at their familiar home condition. The crowd support will keep them ahead mentally. Thus, Asier Garitano’s side should eye all the 3 points from this fixture. So, I’m definitely expecting an attacking tactics from the Alaves head coach. They will definitely try to put opposition under pressure.
On the contrary, the Palma based side may opt to play with a defensive style considering it as an away game. But they are good side. So they will certainly take their chances if given any.
Coming to the prediction, firstly, I am expecting a good battle for the 3 points. I am also backing both the sides to score in this clash. Finally, my pick is a 2-1 victory for the home side.