Saturday brings lots of football matches for the fans in Spain. The opening week also offering some mouthwatering clashes which include Copa Del Rey champions Valencia taking on Real Sociedad on the 17th August. It will be the second game of the day and will start at 7 pm local time. The 6 times La Liga winners finished 4th in the league table last season will look forward to doing the very same in this new season. On the other hand, The White and Blues stood in the 9th position at the end of the previous season and will certainly try to do better on this occasion.
- Participating Teams: Valencia vs Real Sociedad
- Competition: La Liga
- Match Day: 01
- Date: 17th August 2019
- Time: 6 pm BST/ 5 pm GMT/ 7 pm Local
- Day: Saturday
- Venue: Estadio de Mestalla
- Location: Avenida Suecia, Valencia, Spain
- Capacity: 50,500
- Surface: Grass / Sand
- Goalkeepers: Jasper Cillessen, Jaume Domenech.
- Defenders: Gabriel, Mouctar Diakhaby, Jose Gaya, Daniel Wass, Cristian Piccini, Ezequiel Garay, Salvador Ruiz.
- Midfielders: Alvaro Medran, Maxi Gomez, Geoffrey Kondogbia, Carlos Soler, Dani Parejo, Kang-In Lee, Ferran Torres, Uros Racic, Francis Coquelin.
- Forwards: Manuel Vallejo, Goncalo Guedes, Denis Cheryshev, Jason, Ruben Sobrino, Kevin Gameiro, Rodrigo.
Real Sociedad Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Geronimo Rulli, Alex Remiro, Miguel Angel Moya.
- Defenders: Joseba Zaldua, Modibo Sagnan, Diego Llorente, Hector Moreno, Aritz Elustondo, Gorosabel, Robin Le Normand, Aihen Munoz.
- Midfielders: Martin Odegaard, Portu, Alexander Isak, Igor Zubeldia, Asier Illaramendi, Mikel Marino, Ruben Pardo, Adnan Januzaj, David Zurutuza, Raul Navas, Kevin Rodrigues, Luca Sangelli, Ander Guevara.
- Forwards: Mikel Oyarzabal, Willian Jose, Ander Barrentxea.
Valencia Last 5 Matches:
- 2-1 Win vs Barcelona
- 2-0 Win vs Valladolid
- 3-1 Win vs Alaves
- 2-4 Defeat vs Arsenal
- 6-2 Win vs Huesca
Real Sociedad Last 5 Matches:
- 0-2 Defeat vs Espanyol
- 3-1 Win vs Real Madrid
- 1-0 Win vs Alaves
- 2-1 Win vs Getafe
- 0-1 Defeat vs Villareal
Predicted Result: Valencia 3 – 0 Real Sociedad
Match Preview: Valencia might go with a 4-4-2 formation. Jaume to start at the goal as the gloves man. Ezequiel Garay and Gabriel would partner each other at the heart of the
Rulli who will be the man between the sticks for the visitors might have a busy day against the likes of Guedes, Gameiro and Rodrigo. Imanol Alguacil may go with a 4-2-3-1 formation. Elustondo, llorente and Moreno featured when Txuri-Urdinak played their last competitive foorball match, and they are the favourites to retain their places in their season opener. Asier Illaramendi would be the key for the visitors at the middle. Another two certain starters are Oyarzabal at the right wing and Willian Jose at the number nine position.
I’m predicting a dominating victory for the Los Ches. They are in pretty good form lately and finished the season on a high. Estadio de Mestalla is known as their fortress and even the league giants struggled on regular occasions in this ground, so I’m expecting a typical Valencia performance to secure 3 points.