Just a couple of days later to their return from the Ipurura Stadium, Villarreal CF will be all set to take on Athletic Bilbao in their next game. The match week 12 fixture will be hosted by the Estadio de La Ceramica. It will also be the 6th home game of the season for the Yellow Submarines. Missing a top table spot in the last season hurt them very much. Thus they are on the mission to recover it with a good season. However, it’s not going to be that much easy for them. In addition to this, their beginning to the campaign hasn’t been as expected. Despite drawing Real Madrid, they failed to secure a victory in the earlier couple of matches.
On the contrary, Athletic Bilbao are all set to play their 6th road match of the campaign. They made a pretty good start to the season. They even started with a victory against the defending champions. Nevertheless, their opening couple of away games ended in draw and another similar kind of result shouldn’t disappoint them.
- Participating Teams: Villarreal CF vs Athletic Bilbao
- Competition: Spanish La Liga
- Match Day: 12
- Date: 1st/2nd/3rd November 2019
- Time: TBA
- Day: TBA
- Venue: Estadio de La Ceramica
- Location: Villarreal, Spain
- Capacity: 24,890
- Surface: Grass
- Goalkeepers: Sergio Asenjo, Mariano Barbosa, Andres Fernandez.
- Defenders: Raul Albiol, Alberto Moreno, Mario, Alvaro, Ramiro Funes Mori, Victor Ruiz, Jaume Costa, Daniele Bonera.
- Midfielders: Moi Gomez, Ruben Pena, Santiago Caseres, Santi Cazorla, Bruno, Alfred N’Diaye, Samuel Chekwueze, Leo Suarez.
- Forwards: Akram Afif, Gerard Moreno, Enas Unal, Manu Trigueros, Vicente Iborra, Carlos Bacca, Karl Ekambi, Raba.
Athletic Bilbao Squad:
- Goalkeepers: Jokin Ezkieta, Iago Herrerin, Unai Simon.
- Defenders: Andony Lopez, Unai Nunez, Inigo Martinez, Yeray, Mikel San Jose, Yuri Berchiche, Inigo Lekue, Oscar de Marcos, Mikel Balenziaga.
- Midfielders: Cristian Ganea, Gaizka Larrazabal, Mikel Vesga, Inigo Cordoba, Benat, Dani Garcia, Ander Capa, Raul Garcia, Unai Lopez.
- Forwards: Aritz Aduriz, Ibai Gomez, Iker Muinain, Inaki Williams, Kenan Kodro, Gorka Guruzeta, Asier Villalibre, Peru Nolaskoain.
Villarreal last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 2-2 Draww vs Real Madrid
- 1-2 Defeat vs Levante
- 4-4 vs Draw Granada
- 2-2 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Eibar
Athletic Bilbao Last 5 Matches (Up to the Writing Date) :
- 0-0 Draw vs Real Mallorca
- 2-0 Win vs Real Sociedad
- 1-1 Draw vs Getafe
- 1-0 Win vs Barcelona
- 0-2 Defeat vs Sevilla
Predicted Result: Villarreal 2 – 2 Athletic Bilbao
Match Preview: Both the teams offered some attacking football displays since the beginning of the season. There have been numerous goals scored in the Villarreal matches. Meanwhile, Los Leones too are in pretty good form. Thus I’m expecting a good competitive clash.
In the recent head to head stats, Villarreal leads the race. In fact, they have won 2 out of the last 5 meetings in opposed to Athletic Bilbao’s 1 victory. However, the latest meeting between the two teams ended in a dull draw at the Ceramica.
Coming to the prediction, I’m expecting a competitive match. I also back the two teams to score in this clash. Finally, my pick is a 2-2 draw at the end of the 90 minutes.