Australian Open is one of four most challenging tennis championship and also it is the first Grand Slam tennis event in year. Australian Open is one of the oldest tennis championship which was founded in 1905. It has passed long 111 years already and also since the beginning 104th edition of AUS Open has gone. Last edition in this Grand Slam event was placed in 2016. Now, the time has come for 105th edition which will be placed in 2017. This tournament will be staged at Melbourne Park which is located in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. This venues is using for tennis competition since 1988.
There are many famous tennis players across the world who will participate in this largest tennis competition which generally placed annual since the inaugural season. And obviously they will be awarded by huge amount of prize money. Like last season, in upcoming edition of Australian Open 2017, the amount of award money will increase somewhat. Last season it was increased around 10%. In 2016, total $44 million award money was given to the participants. So, definitely it will increase in upcoming season also. Last season, single events winners for both men and women received A $3,400000 where in upcoming season it would be A $3,700,000. Let’s take a look below where the approximate prize money list is given.
Australian Open 2017 Prize Money $50 million
|Stages||Mens Singles||Women Single||Mens Double||Women Double||Mixed Double|
Last session in 2015 Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic was won this Grand slam men round and Serena Williams also won the Women final. Last year Australian Open run very successfully and they took more steps for this tournament.
AUS Open management body also arrange a big opening ceremony for this tournament and their also present many famous celebrities.
A biggest prize money will give by AUS Open finalist and semifinalist. This year Australian Open 2016 increases 10% prize money and this year total prize money is $44 million and it was $40 million in 2014. Men and Women champions will get $3.85 million prize money each. Now prize money increases is a part of tennis and four grand slam already increases their prize money every year. Now US Open is a biggest grand slam and they paid $42.35 million in 2015. The runner-up also earned $1.9 million where semifinalist earned $900,000.
The single and double player earning almost double this year where they were paid 2015. Men single round one winner gets $6000. Second and third winner will get $12,000 and the third winner will earned $20,000. Men and Women double winner will earn $650,000 where runner up will earn $325,000. Every qualifier of this tournament also earn $34,500. The total cost is $44 million and also the spend much for this tournament.
Australian Open 2017 will be consisted of sixteen different events like previous year. Serbian superstar Novak Djokovic won the title of Australian Open 2016 where German Angelique Kerber won women’s single championship. Let’s take a look below where the short details of Australian Open 2016 is given.
# Short Details of Last tournament:
- Men’s Single Winner: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
- Women’s Single Winner: Angelique Kerber (Germany)
- Men’s Double Winners: Jamie Murray (United Kingdom) / Bruno Soares (Brazil)
- Women’s Double Winners: Martina Hingis (Switzerland) / Sania Mirza (India)
- Mixed Double Winners: Elena Vesnina (Russia) / Bruno Soares (Brazil)
- Boy’s Single Winner: Oliver Anderson (Australia)
- Girl’s Single Winner: Vera Lapko (Belarus)
- Boy’s Double Winners: Alex De Minaur (Australia) / Blake Ellis (Australia)
- Girl’s Double Winners: Anna Kalinskaya (Russia) / Tereza Mihalikova (Slovakia)
- Men’s Legends Double Winners: Jonas Bjorkman (Sweden) / Thomas Johansson (Sweden)
- Wheelchair Men’s Singles Winner: Gordon Reid (United Kingdom)
- Wheelchair Women’s Singles Winner: Jiske Griffioen (Netherlands)
- Wheelchair Quad Singles Winner: Dylan Alcott (Australia)
- Wheelchair Men’s Doubles Winners: Stephane Houdet (France) / Nicolas Peifer (France)
- Wheelchair Women’s Doubles Winners: Marjolein Buis (Netherlands) / Yui Kamiji (Japan)
- Wheelchair Quad Doubles Winners: Lucas Sithole (South Africa) / David Wagner (United States)
A huge amount of money will earn every player. This grand slam 2016 management body paid total $15 million in men and women single both side and also they paid $2.6 million double single and double both side. Australian Open 2016 also increases money safely and they also contribute this money same for all. They also spend $2.2 million other cost. This is a big budget tournament and they also earn money by many way. They earn money by TV channels rights, share and also by many sponsors. This tournament has also sold the TV channels rights and share. They hope they also can earn by match seat for audience. They took step for sold ticket. The management board of Australian Open also took all step for successfully running this tournament.
Leave a Reply