Roger Federer is a name of tennis legend who is still in the international competition and regain his form again. He is in 2nd position according to ATP ranking who is basically a Swiss player. He is at 36 and in his long career, he won plenty of titles. He turned his career to the professional level since 1998 and dominated the World Tennis long time. He has been on the 1st in ranking highest 237 weeks consecutively.
- Roger Federer Vs Alexander Zverev tennis match live streaming links will be available here before 15 minutes of the event.
Roger lives in Bottmingen, Switzerland who is playing with right handed and one hand backhand. He total won 95 titles in his single career.
# Short Profile:
- Full Name – Roger Federer
- Country – Switzerland
- Birth Place – Basel, Switzerland
- Date of Birth – 8th August, 1981
- Age – 36 Yrs
- Height – 1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)
- Weight – 85 kg
- Language – English, Swiss German, German and French
- Current ATP Ranking – 2nd
Currently 36 years old, Roger Federer has won highest 19th Grand Slam which is the most in history. He has won a highest eight Wimbledon titles, five US open championship consecutively, five Australian Open titles and one French Open title in his career so far. Besides, he has become one of eight men who touched career Grand Slam. Besides, as a record, he reached final highest 29th times in men’s single competition. Besides, he reached ten Grand Slam finals consecutively since 2005 Wimbledon to 2007 US Open. Let’s see the complete career statistics of the player below.
# Career Statistics of Roger Federer:
|Season||Australian Open||French Open||US Open||Wimbledon|
Roger was announced as the Swiss Sports Personality of the Year highest six times. He also won Best Male Tennis Player titles highest seven times and nominated ATP Player of the Year highest five times so far.
# Ranking History:
Swiss tennis legend Roger Federer travelled long way to reach of the top of success. After so many obstacles, he jumped to the top of ATP ranking in 9th February, 2004 for the first time in history. He grabbed the position more than four years consecutively and in 18th August, 2008, he demoted to the 2nd position. But in the following year, he retaken his position once again in 6th July, 2009 and kept it under control till 7th June, 2010. Later he demoted again. But he once again claimed the position in 2012 but later, he lost the place. Since then his career was go down but he struggling so many times. It was thought that his career was finished by then but he regain his form again and currently standing in 2nd position in current ATP ranking. Till now, he held the 1st position in ATP ranking total 302 weeks which is a record where among them consecutive 237 weeks so far. Since 2002, he was in the top ten till November, 2016 which is also a record.
# Rivalries of Federer:
- Federer Vs Nadal – The rivalries between Nadal and Federer are widely known. This two have been playing against each other since 2004 and all competition between them are so exciting. Till now, this two legend played total 38 matches against each other where Nadal leads the game by 23 – 15. He used to play fast than Federer but this Swiss player used to play spin. In clay court Spanish player Nadal is almost unbeaten but in grass and hard court, Federer is better. This two tennis legend grabbed the top two position of ATP ranking since 2005 to August, 2009. Now, they are achieving the top two position since 11th September, 2017.
- Federer Vs Djokovic – Djokovic is the another rival of Federer in court and this two are so close in competition. Though, Djokovic is still leading the competition by 23 – 22 wins but here is a chance for the Swiss player to cross him within short period. Because Djokovic is not in good form now who is placed in 7th position on ATP ranking currently. Besides, Djokovic is the only player to beat Federer in consecutive matches in Grand Slam beside Nadal. They played total 45 times till now so far and 15 of them finished with deciding set.
- Federer Vs Murray – Andy Murray is just the other rival of the Swiss international and this two have met total 25 times but Federer won 14 of them and lost 11 matches so far. On hard and grass court, he leads the game. They could not play any match on clay court..
As stated by above listed players, they are the prime rivals of the Swiss tennis sensation. But he has also rivalries with Roddick, Hewitt, Agassi, del Potro, Safin, Nalbandian, Berdych, Tsonga and Wawrinka.
Leave a Reply